SkyG60

From BC Canada, my G60 and VR6 (lots of pics)

Hello everyone,

Been watching lots of builds and checking out various threads on here for a little while, thought it would be time to sign up, post, say hello, and share my cars with you guys. I'm usually on the Vortex as well, but the attitude on north american forums is pretty ridiculous at the best of times, a bunch of ****ers really.. so heres a bit a history!

It all started with a 1991 G60 I bought about 7 years ago for $800cad from a DJ and some lady who had no idea what the car was and didnt even think it ran!, it was sitting in an underground parking lot under an air circulator, covering the car in black crap... I had no idea what color the car was until I washed it..

here is is, RIP..

cornew3.jpg

cornew4.jpg

the car was really rough when I first bought it... there was some vandalism, "Thank You!!!!" was keyed into the drivers rear panel, and the PO's tried to cover it with spray paint so it would rust, the rad support was in need of replacing, the headlights were all broken (i put in the e-codes almost instantly for $100) mind you, they had broken tabs and missing caps... the rear under the tail light had some crazy dent, the charger was blown, lots of dings here and there... it was pretty rought.. I guess the only good things were someone had added a VR hood, front bumper and turn/fogs..

I didnt have a chance before it comitted suicide, but I had redone the body entirely, new paint, shaved emblems, no side mouldings, painted eyebrow on the rieger grill, shaved bumper side markers, 90mm bumper lip and new lower bumper grill with caps. I also had Brembo brakes on the way to me. I went to pick up my skateboard from my house for 2 mins, parked the car in front of my house, and my neighbor came to my door and said my car had rolled down the hill... it was demolished, the e-brake gave out and it popped out of gear somehow, I really wish I had turned the wheels to the curb :( the next day, my brakes showed up.... Had to sell the car, so I parted it out, made money, then sold the shell for $1200..

then bought this..

483378_10151911487065284_1593083450_n_zps34cf7125.jpg

in March 2007, I bought brand new, a candy white GTI. the same day I installed KW V1 coil overs and a forge diverter valve relocator. Later I added the Oettinger bumper, I had the washer covers and bumper cut outs filled and smoothed and obviously repainted, that was costly, all in all I spent almost $2000 on a bumper... I bought the Oettinger wheels for $1000 with crappy tires, then I added a Carbonio intake.

image_zpsa3b92ba0.jpeg

\i started getting bored of the car after 6 years, so I sold it and bought 2 new in need of a good home Corrados.... the 91 was an obvious on why I bought it... nostalgia and because i'm the 2nd owner and the car only has 60,000km, the engine hasnt even fully broken in yet, everything is like brand new minus the leather shifting gaiter and missing ashtray... I bought it off an older asian fellow locally for $5400. pricey, but that was my car, same as my old one but better in many ways. I also bought a 1994 LK4U Ice grey Violet with black recaro interior from someone who couldnt give a **** about cars as it is so obviously seen in how this one has been treated... poor little guy, he's got a good home now.. I have a weakness for rescuing things in need. I rescued a pitbull puppy I found in a broken microwave at a dump a couple years ago, never lookd back, sweetest and kindest dog ever and LOVES people and other dogs big or small, so lets hope these corrados can have another chance at a good life..

pics!

first day home, they arrived the same day.

IMG_0149_zpse322f7bc.jpg

the 91 G60

IMG_0330_zpse6450d73.jpg

IMG_0321_zps633a1c9c.jpg

IMG_0171_zps1a9b6c56.jpg

IMG_0314_zps30b2c2c7.jpg

IMG_86441024x683_zps1ef06bec.jpg

IMG_86431024x683_zpsb4755fe7.jpg

the 94 vr6

PO couldnt even put the lights back in properly when they changed the bulbs... losers... look at the neglect.. 1st day

IMG_0147_zpsc8a2cd1e.jpg

IMG_0155_zps8f5fd5e1.jpg

IMG_0151_zpsb6747e8b.jpg

IMG_0153_zpsd8b73366.jpg

IMG_0165_zps2f1f2995.jpg

both cars are (were) 100% factory oem when I picked them up, minus the god awful tail lights and the wheels on the G60..

\enjoy! I'll update as much as I can..

I'm trying to find one over there as I'm moving to calgary next year but most examples are like you said either in poor condition due to someone who waits til the oil is like tar before changing it or a 18 year old who has cut the springs to lower it!

I'm still trying to import my euro one as it well over fifteen year old now so its exempt the register but I don't have the original engine in it so its a gamble if they notice the difference!

You have some nice models there,hope ur enjoying them!

Welcome to the forum. Good to see you have gone back to corrado after your bad luck with the first but I suppose for an enthusiast that's the pull the car has

just a couple newer shots!

feb1308800x533_zps0b8afadf.jpg

feb1311800x533_zps70751268.jpg

crappy turn and fog dummies :(

IMG_86781024x684_zps5bec627f.jpg

had to replace wires and coil pack and chuck the broken intake cover haha..

IMG_86751024x684_zps3b0f0715.jpg

a couple new toys for the VR

IMG_86491024x683_zps70988b86.jpg

IMG_86481024x683_zpsff6ba5ce.jpg

still trying to decide if I polish the car and wrinkle black paint the end plates, or paint them to match the ice grey violet, Not sure yet! but any input would be great! or maybe a couple pictures of your own??

thanks everyone! I'll try to update as much as I can, my filming season is ALMOST DONE! then I will have some spare time to work on these cars..