Stonejag

Big day for the C

Big day for the C yesterday, not only did I pass my MOT but I hit 100k on the way back :)

corrado-100k.jpg

Bit of a nightmare fortnight, took it in for annual service and to get my group buy poly mounts put in, to be told I needed:

- drop links

- ARBs

- CV boot

- wishbone bushes (turned out cheaper to get new wishbones...)

- rear wheel bearings loose

- gearbox mount (totally rotten centre, each half was still bolted in but nothing in the middle!)

- rear engine mount (bolts seized and needed grinding off)

Plus there's play in one shock, the gearbox is leaking, the fuel tank straps have almost rusted away and the rear brake lines are starting to go. Oh, and only three of the six driveshaft bolts were fitted on one side, and those three had the heads stripped :epicfail:

So I got everything on order and booked it in for six days later to get everything sorted. Three days later all the remaining driveshaft bolts let go at once on the way to work, so I got it to the garage on a flatbed and told them to crack on with it. They gave it back a couple of days later, the next day I went over a pothole and one of the newly tightened rear wheel bearings let go! :bad-words:

On the bright side it's now nicer to drive than it's been in ages, especially with the engine properly attached :D Anyone else had an exciting week?

Stone

WOW!!! It never rains it pours doesn't it. Glad you at least have it sorted. My rear caliper on the leon is seizing up so i get an annoying screaching noise while driving. Will be sorted this week-end though.

damn that does sound like a nightmare!, sounds like its good to go now though, my corrado is now sporting banded steelys

{only on one side as its still in the shed parked tight against a wall lol} hopefully get it reinsured next month ready for some cruzeing :)

Is it a garage that you know and trust? Seems a bit suspicious that 3 driveshaft bolts are missing, then three days later they other 3 let go! I'd be taking it somewhere else for a second opinion on everything if it were me..............

I suspected they tried to tighten them (or remove and refit to space them out if they were adjacent) and they were too badly damaged to take it. They're not only trustworthy but a hell of a lot better than some of the other garages I've visited. The head guy used to race a Mk3 VR6 so knows what's what :)