dalhalvaig

Cracked Windscreen

Came back to the car the other day and found a crack in the windscreen running from the top near side corner of the screen towards the middle of the screen - about 4 inches/100mm long. It's on the outside of the laminate, can't feel the crack on the inside of the screen. Am pretty sure it wasn't there when I parked it and I doubt it would have been 'attacked' given where it was.

Anyone else ever found that happen? Clearly need to change the screen, but just checking in case this is a sign of something else being wrong.

Also I suppose the windscreen repairs don't deal with this type of crack.

Any thoughts?

D

Frost or stress maybe if not fitted right as it's bonded on the Corrado so is a structural part of the car or maybe something dropped on it..

You can only repair if less than 10mm - just get it changed on your glass cover

When i used to work as a gardener for a summer with the council we would have to strim loads of grass. Was unreal the amount of car windows that got smashed from flying stones etc. But i think its the wrong time of year for cutting grass and was usually side windows, not windscreen. Still its solved a mystery a couple of times now

Thanks for the feedback, guys. That'll be a new screen then. I've had a lppk and there isn't any evidence of an impact, so possible frost. Not sure if it's the original screen, but it's been in for the 2 years I've had the car. A good chance to get the leak at the top of the screen sorted at the same time.

D

this happened to mine at the beginning of April last year, although very near the bottom of the screen not the top. I was told that it was likely to be caused by a combination of pressure from a small amount of rust on the A-pillars, plus the frost we'd had that morning followed a very sunny day. Had mine sorted under my insurance and got the pillars sorted whilst the screen was out. Just a shame the bodyshop spiked the alarm control unit whilst repairing it...