k6kny

Kenny's VR6 - Audio Install Completed

Very nice indeed, can't believe I've not seen this in the flesh, given that we are both on the southside.

Looking forward to see how the recaro wiring goes as I've a set on the way for my twilight VR :)

I've not had mine out on the road very much this year, but hoping to get it out a lot more next year!!

I had a look at your build thread, the Twilight looks great, I love that colour. Much respect for the job your doing on the Storm, nice to see one getting restored rather than broken. Looking forward to seeing it progress!!

I decided to go with a black/orange theme on the car so I painted the calipers orange and also changed the rear lights back to the original orange ones. I also changed the original exhaust for a stainless steel Miltek system.

DSC_0779.jpg

DSC_0780.jpg

That about brings us up to date for now. More updates soon......

Edited by k6kny

So after fitting the Recaros I still had to wire them in to get the electric height and back rest adjustment working. It turned out to be a much simpler job than expected and is easily a job that can be tackled by someone with little or no experience.

First you need to remove all the lower dash trim below the steering wheel so you expose the fusebox.

DSC_0114.jpg

The fusebox needs to be lifted out to get access to the back. To do this there is a white clip that needs to be released on either side of the fusebox. First release the one on the left hand side.

DSC_0115.jpg

Pull it away from the fusebox and then towards you.

DSC_0116.jpg

DSC_0117.jpg

The clip will now lift straight out. Now release the clip on the right hand side. This one is harder to access and you may need to use a screwdriver to help lever it down.

DSC_0118.jpg

Pull it downwards and then turn towards you and pull free from the fusebox.

DSC_0119.jpg

Next lift the fusebox out of the bracket it sits in. Lift it upwards and towards you. This bit is a bit tricky and will be quite tight to get out, don't worry be patient and take your time.

DSC_0120.jpg

DSC_0121.jpg

DSC_0122.jpg

Once it is free of the bracket tilt the top of the fusebox towards you so that you can access the rear of the fusebox. I was fortunate enough to have got the original loom along with my seats so the next stage was to take the power supply from the battery busbar to the fuse. The battery busbar is located at the top right hand side of the rear of the fuse box. You will see two thick red wires in pins 2 and 3 and pin 1 will be empty. This is the pin I used for your power supply. In the pictures you will see I have already connected the yellow positive wire in pin 1.

DSC_0126.jpg

DSC_0123.jpg

After connecting the positive supply I then connected the looms fuseholder in one of the spare slots on the top of the fusebox.

DSC_0127.jpg

DSC_0128.jpg

Next I had to earth the negative (brown wire on the loom). Although you can earth anywhere on the bodywork the best place is to look above the fusebox at the bottom of the A pillar where you will see a circular earthing plate with several spare terminals. This is where I used.

DSC_0129.jpg

Next I refitted the fusebox.

DSC_0130.jpg

I then tested the seats and made sure they were fully operational. Next step is to remove the seats and carpets and fit the wiring loom properly. Update soon.........

Finally got round to changing my private plate over to the Corrado

DSC_0102.jpg

As it was a rare sunny day today I took the Corrado for a run when I went to the gym, and snapped a couple of pics in the sun while I was there

DSC_0105.jpg

DSC_0106.jpg

Looks great and glad you got it out when the sun shone, as it doesn't happen often up here :o

Cheers. I'll be changing over the door cards soon if you're still interested in the grey leather interior?

Cheers. I'll be changing over the door cards soon if you're still interested in the grey leather interior?

Very well could be, I will pm you

So I eventually got around to taking the old grey leather out of the Corrado, or more specifically the front and rear doorcards. I had to pick up a set of black leather doorcards to match the black half leather Recaros. I eventually found a set of 'mint' condition cards, which proved to be far from mint when they turned up and required a fair bit of repair work before I could fit them. Last to get swapped were the rear cards, so here's a pic to show the colour difference.

Old:

Old20Grey20Cards.jpg

New:

Rear20Cards.jpg

A big thanks to Chris (Massbad69 on the forum) for his patience, waiting for me to get the old interior out. Got there in the end and my old interior is now looking sweet in his fantastic VR6.

Interior looks epic Kenny :thumbleft:

Thanks for the interior for mine and the help :dance:

Edited by massbad69

Interior looks epic Kenny :thumbleft:

Thanks for the interior for mine and the help :dance:

Cheers Chris. No problem at all, and glad I got it over to you eventually!!

Since wiring up and test fitting the electric Recaros I had never got around to running all the wiring for the loom under the carpets, so since I had to take the rear bench out to change the rear cards over I figured I might as well go the whole hog and get the fronts out and fit the wiring loom properly.

Fronts and rears stripped out:

Stripped%20Out%20For%20Install.jpg

Wiring loom all fitted correctly:

Drivers20Elec20Seat20Wiring.jpg

And since the interior was out it made sense to run all the wiring for my stereo install. More to follow.......

Please Please do not change it any more there are not many un modified originals left.

Might be a bit late for that, I'm not sure mine could really be classed as un-modified lol

Top quality work Kenny and if your ever idle, I will have the same please :dance:

No problem Chris, you buy the kit and I'll fit it 😉

That looks great mate, well done indeed 8)

Cheers mate, just been catching up on your thread. Don't know how you manage to juggle so many Corrados at once!!

Look what all arrived today...........love a Corrado parts delivery day!!

IMAG0707.jpg

IMAG0708.jpg

IMAG0709.jpg

IMAG0711.jpg

IMAG0712.jpg

IMAG0710.jpg

Wonder how you found out about those mats :scratch:

Hmmmm, I wonder. Have yours arrived yet?

Yes they arrived today as well.

That's a nice wee collection of parts you have there :cheers:

So I hit the big 40 last week and I thought I'd share one of my favourite presents that I was given.....

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

Scale model VR6 in black to match my car. The attention to detail is great and I have to say I'm very impressed with it.