Timbo90

Brake load sensor valve

As above I'm after a brake load sensor for my 1990 1.8 16v C, I've scoured the Internet but can't find one anywhere! So if you have one that's in good shape, hit me up asap.

Thanks Tim

Do you mean brake regulator 357 612 151? If so then the best/ cheapest source is http://www.carparts4less.co.uk/other-brake-hydraulics at 45.54 inc vat and delivery. Its the genuine ATE part-I dont think anyone else comes close pricewise. (the link has my car details but its the same part for your 1.8 16v-I checked)

I think you would be unwise to fit a used one unless its an almost new part coming off a breaker!

Edited by bmwcompact

I'm only going by what Kwik Fit told me, as I took it there for & MOT test & they said that the brake load sensor needed replacing, as the rear brakes have completely seized!

Where do I start?

Many corrados have an issue with the brake regulator (load sensor). It usually seizes and has to be replaced. Its often a pig to remove and has to be destroyed to get it off the car. It can cost silly money (£100 plus) and then theres the labour element too. Thats why the info I gave above about the cheap source is important.

You've been told your rear brakes are seized-presumably meaning no brake force being applied on the rear discs. The regulator controls flow of fluid to the rear brakes: when theres weight on the back of the car, more rear brake force is needed. If the regulator is seized its possible little or insufficient fluid is being directed to the rear brakes. Its also possible theres an issue with the rear brakes as well as/instead of the regulator being the cause.

Dont you know someone who can help/take a look and offer their advice? Outfits like Kwikfit love to get their hands on those not in the know. They usually end up replacing everything in sight and presenting you with a huge bill.

Good luck!

I spoke to my brother about it & he said if they can be free'd then there'll be no need for the sensor, but if not then I may have to get hold of one. Thanks for your help though mate, much appreciated.

OK. What you may not appreciate is that we are not talking about an electrical sensor here. Its a mechanical/hydraulic device with 2 brake pipes from the front of the car and 2 to the rear of the car. So if its remove then the braking system has to be bled. If you looked at the link you will see what it is.

The link isnt showing the part any more Put in your cars details and search on 'Brake regulator' and it will appear.

Edited by bmwcompact