G60radoboi

2 days and counting!!!

Well folks I know I was after a G60 but financial constraints and lack of time now and forced me to reconsider. I can however say that on Saturday morning I shall be the proud owner of a 95 valver :cheers:

147K on the clock, 98% service history, all electrics working 100% and benefits from a recent respray to freshen up the tired looking paintwork in midnight blue I think is the colour. Will post some pictures when i get here. the wheels she comes with are not the greatest but thankfully that is something that is easily remedied :thumbleft:

thanks Yega. Took me a while to find the right one but glad I did. There is a well sorted G60 in the for sale section in Birmingham. Spoken to the seller and there are some nice mods to it too so not much work required on it.

Yeah, I spoke to him also. It was one of the first G60's I found when I started looking but its a bit above my budget and I didn't want to offend the bloke by offering him a lot less than what he is asking.

Lovely looking G60 though.

Just so I understand it right, the term "valver" applies to the 8v or 16v or both? (I'm still learning my Corrados :p)

Awesome, thx. I've owned my Golf for 5 years now and been a member of a club for 3yrs so I have a fair understanding of them but I wouldn't say I am "mechanical". I prefer computer software, you can always undo things :p

Congrats. I remember my first drive home. Exciting isn't it :dance:

I prefer computer software, you can always undo things :p

Unless you're Nat West RBS last year and you make an OPC change :D

Unless you're Nat West RBS last year and you make an OPC change :D

LOL that's true :D

LOL. Is that mk5GTI forum you on then?

Is that the US one? Ye that is me :D If you find a Yega on any VW or audio forum (TalkAudio for example) it will most likely be me :)

Me too..... from Northampton. Everything went like clockwork until i got on the M25 and the heavens opened up the exit before heathrow. And when i say opened up, i MEAN opened up. Double speed wipers, demist on 4, lights, etc etc..... wouldn't have been so bad but i didn't know where anything was!!!!! :grin:

Me too..... from Northampton. Everything went like clockwork until i got on the M25 and the heavens opened up the exit before heathrow. And when i say opened up, i MEAN opened up. Double speed wipers, demist on 4, lights, etc etc..... wouldn't have been so bad but i didn't know where anything was!!!!! :grin:

Good point. Don't drive home in the pouring rain with standard wipers or at night with the standard headlight loom. Scary stuff :)

Lol I can imagine that's not very fun. I remember when I drove the Golf back from London, not having driven a car with power steering before or actually having done much driving within London either. Was fun though when I got on the open A roads of Buckinghamshire.

(Sorry to keep going on about the Golf btw, cant share any Corrado stories yet! :p)

Good point. Don't drive home in the pouring rain with standard wipers or at night with the standard headlight loom. Scary stuff :)

I read something about upgrading the headlight wiring loom. Will need to look into that. Damn shopping list is already growing hahahaha

I read something about upgrading the headlight wiring loom. Will need to look into that. Damn shopping list is already growing hahahaha

What's on your list so far?

There's a guy on here that does them - and fightfully wicked they are too!! :)

What's on your list so far?

Wheels

Coillies

New calipers all round

Smoked tail lights

maybe new headlights

The list will grow once I have the car and have given it a once over.

Wheels

Coillies

New calipers all round

Smoked tail lights

maybe new headlights

The list will grow once I have the car and have given it a once over.

Well i hope it doesn't end up to big a list. Bodywork and Underneath is the first job, see what is really needed before all the fun stuff, take the door cards out and check, also look inside the front wings underneath behind wheels arch protectors, it will be interesting to see if the cars been painted over to hide a lot of issues.

Mines a 95, owned it for coming up three weeks now, all dealer history, had same owner for last 13yr the engine is like new and so silent running, car had dealer for everything, even exhaust and tyres, only one ding on O/s wing four years ago, which was replaced, and guess what, that's the only wing to be needing serious attention. Finding stuff before it happens is good then you can budget and prioritise.

Well i hope it doesn't end up to big a list. Bodywork and Underneath is the first job, see what is really needed before all the fun stuff, take the door cards out and check, also look inside the front wings underneath behind wheels arch protectors, it will be interesting to see if the cars been painted over to hide a lot of issues.

Mines a 95, owned it for coming up three weeks now, all dealer history, had same owner for last 13yr the engine is like new and so silent running, car had dealer for everything, even exhaust and tyres, only one ding on O/s wing four years ago, which was replaced, and guess what, that's the only wing to be needing serious attention. Finding stuff before it happens is good then you can budget and prioritise.

Yeah i will give a good once over. I don't believe it was a full windows out spray job. the seller says the paint was just looking tired like the previous owners never polished it or something so he basically just freshened it up. can't wait till tomorrow now lol.

I'm excited for you man. They are fabulous cars to drive, look at and even tinker on with. I'm 37 and my last decent vw was 18yrs prior when I owned 92 'j' Polo G40 even sitting just looking at the clocks takes me back. :)

However i have just read over my last post, I am guilty of putting a downer on your purchase, and I'm sure it will be mint. Guess having had a lot of time in the sales side of the motor trade and just wish so much I had a quid for ever time a bloke said I painted it to Freshener her up. I just wanted to make a reminder to wait on the spending till you know the full car and what it might need from the inside out. Having said that I'm no expert, but being a part of this forum you just know that we are all in such good hands when it comes to wisdom in the corrado field. :)

I'm excited for you man. They are fabulous cars to drive, look at and even tinker on with. I'm 37 and my last decent vw was 18yrs prior when I owned 92 'j' Polo G40 even sitting just looking at the clocks takes me back. :)

However i have just read over my last post, I am guilty of putting a downer on your purchase, and I'm sure it will be mint. Guess having had a lot of time in the sales side of the motor trade and just wish so much I had a quid for ever time a bloke said I painted it to Freshener her up. I just wanted to make a reminder to wait on the spending till you know the full car and what it might need from the inside out. Having said that I'm no expert, but being a part of this forum you just know that we are all in such good hands when it comes to wisdom in the corrado field. :)

Same age as me!!!! No worries mate, I know cars well enough to also know that a car is never described properly. I am just looking forward to getting it and being able to tinker around on it. Does anyone here head down to Brmley Motor Pageant? I will be there this year but with a different forum as I don'y know if anyone here goes lol.