Portent

Any guides for fuel filter replacement?

I've had a new fuel filter sitting in a box for a year so plan to fit it soon. Does anyone have a guide? Thanks.

My list of things to do too will give that a read. Just noted the highlighted point in red in the wiki.

WARNING: The fuel accumulator on a KR engine provides up to 3 bar of pressure in the system long after the engine has been switched off, when undoing the banjo bolts that screw into the filter wear suitable protective eyewear. Fuel WILL spray out when you loosen the bolts! If you have any doubt about this pm 2cc about his fuel in the eye experience

you could remove the fuel pump relay and let the engine utilise all the fuel in the pipes. It will take longer to start again first time though, nothing to worry about.

Also, remove the filler cap before starting the job.

The fact that I had to drop the whole pump, regulator etc. just to undo one bolt annoyed me so much that I binned the original filter clip and replaced it with a stainless jubilee clip. I can change a filter in 10 minutes now.