G60radoboi

Possible leak culprits?

So I am trying to figure out what the possible culprit could be for the wet roofliner. It could either be from the poorly fitted screen or perhaps the drain tunnels in the sun roof? I have sourced a new headliner which I am collecting next week-end so want to solve the leak issue before fitting.

The two forward drians will pop outunder the fornt wings, just at the bottom of the A pillar. The rear drain pipes will appear through a grommet under the rear bumper, at the side by the reasr of the wheel arch. both rear and forward pipes run within the A and C pillars. a small bottle brush on a long steel wire is good for cleaning them out.

Have you also inspected the seal around the edge of the sunroof, toothbrush is good for cleaning it.

Edited by MattPc

Hi Matt,

Yeah the sunroof seal is knackered and needs replacing which is why I thought it was a possible culprit. Will do some more investigations. I am such a loser looking at autotrader for VR's now hahahahahaha The valver is nice but damn lazy tbh after yesterdays drive.

sun roof seal isn't what keeps the headliner dry its the internal gutters/drains though, I recently found out why my headliner was getting wet by pouring a cup of water into the the sunroof drains and watching where it goes, turns out the actual plastic sunroof tray/gutter was leaking into the sunroof tilt/slide mechanism track and going on to the headliner from there!, didn't see that one coming! easy fix with "sticks like doo doo"