Jonathan Claxton

My beautiful G60, check out the millage :)

Bought this corrado from copart, it was an insurance right off.

Originally the manager from the bank of england bought it brand new in 1991, he loved it, only drove it at weekends and had every little issue sorted out. It has a full service history and i have every bill since new including the bill of sale in 1991! And 2 years ago he had it fully resprayed!

Anyway he owned it for 20 years, up to last year when he took it in a dike!

He had considered selling it but was afraid someone would buy it and ruin it, as he still loved it.

But after the accident he knew it was time and wasnt his type of car anymore.

So this is how i became the owner, im always hunting copart for any type of vw, as i work in a garage i do like to have a car to work on in my spare time (me and my dad recently fully restored my bay camper which i kept)

I bought a 1.8 16v which had also been in an accident as a donor car.

Only just finished it this week (it still has a few little bits that need doing)

Going to tax it for the first of april, which is also when i will put my Porsche twist on it and take some proper photos, but for now this is how she looks

Almost standard, how there ment to be and how the previous owner wanted it kept.

Iv put some coilovers on it but kept the original suspension for the future.

Im not ashamed that my corrado has been in a smack cause thats all part of her history and what makes it what it is. Im just happy to know what standard it has been repaired to :)

Before and after pics

Oh yes, the millage... Check out the pictures ;)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]72447[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]72448[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]72449[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]72450[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]72451[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]72452[/ATTACH]

Edited by Jonathan Claxton

Very nice! So did you reshell it or did you just use the 16v for donor panels? Either way fantastic work... looks very good.

I just used the 16v for donor panels, apart from there was some i wasnt happy with so i had to buy them again, i actually have 2 drivers wings here i wasnt happy with haha! There okay but i wanted mint cause of the millage and that.

Jeez, I bet the guy was crying after that little shunt ( I know I would have been ). Great work on your part though. Love them in red.

Very nice a great work, reminds me of my old G60, sold 4-5 years ago also with 53k on the clock