livi1982

Hub change from 5x100 to 4x100.

I have recently bought a VR6 and really want to put 4x100 wheels on to it. Can’t seem to find adapters. How much work would it take to change all the hubs to 4x100?

Previous owner has upgraded the brakes to 288mm. Is there any complications that would occur changing the hubs over. I would probably get a garage to carry out the work.

Would save me having to get adapters etc.

well i have the front struts which would bolt straight on the front, with the brakes also if you wanted them. would bolt on your strust, drive shaft straight in and then bottom ball joint

30 mins a side max

and with your rears you just need to buy some 4x100 hubs which slide straight over your stub axles, easy again, can get them off ebay for like £20 a side

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for the reply. I am putting car in to garage to get suspension swapped over for lowered. Sorry if you're repeating yourself but could you list parts I would require to do the change -

2 x rear 4 x 100 hubs

(standard rear brakes from VR6 would fit?)

2 x front 4 x 100 hubs

2 x front brakes (existing 288mm brakes wouldn't fit?)

Should this all be ok with koni struts and springs.

2 rear hubs which would look like this

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?76684-corrado-mk3-hubs-and-discs-brand-new

and you would need some discs also like the ones in the picture, the rest of the brake setup on the back would be fine

and as for the front you would need the hub and brakes which i have if you would like to purchase, if not off me then you would them

and they would all be fine with koni struts and springs

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

the hubs look like that on the back but 4 stud of corse! haha

I think if you were going to use 'standard' brakes, you'd need to drop back to 280mm brakes and ditch the 288's.

Don't think I've ever seen anyone wanting to go from 5x100 to 4x100 before I must say!

I think if you were going to use 'standard' brakes, you'd need to drop back to 280mm brakes and ditch the 288's.

Don't think I've ever seen anyone wanting to go from 5x100 to 4x100 before I must say!

I agree it would be a one of vr i think!

My previous corrado (91, 1.8 16v) had borbet A's on and I really want to put them on my VR6. Can't find 5x100 Borbet A's.

Might just resign myself to choosing different wheels.

the hub is part of the disc on the rear, so you just need new 4x100 discs.

For the front i think you just need the 4x100 hub, the cv joint from the 4x100 car and new bearings for when you press the hub into the stub axle.

you'd need to check that the 4x100 cv joint will work with the vr driveshaft.

You could then drill your front discs to 4x100 or find a different front brake setup.

For the amount of work, and the cost of parts involved I'd seriously say unless there is a one off set of super-rare wheels you simply can't live without, then really it's not worth it.

If you really want to do this then do as paddy 26 says, 4x100 rear discs,16v 4x100 front hubs outer cv joints and new bearings when pressed in and drill your front discs so you can keep the 288s ,not a hard job at all really ..

This is completely nuts - the VR uses a plus suspension setup and different hub carrier / ball joint setup along with wider wishbones / drop link connections.

You'd need 4x100 (abs) hubs + new bearings but the G60 brake discs would not fit becuase of the offset, if you change the track width then you'd need a new rear beam also and that would have to be from the G60 to match the in built ARB.

Bonkers!