G60radoboi

Hard accellerator pedal.

Not sure if it is normal but my accellerator pedal is very stiff. It is so stiff I can't even drive at a constant speed as it keeps accellerating when I push the throttle. I think it's the cable as there seems to be a lot of grease on the manifold, so I have bought a new cable which should hopefully sort the issue. Could it potentially be something else just so I am prepared for that eventuality.

Yep. More than likely the cable. Be sure not to grease or oil the new one as they are self lubricating, adding anything tends to make them sticky.

Neil.

You got a part number for this cable mate? My pedal is also very stiff, though I am used a Mk5 Golf pedal which comes off the floor and is very smooth, so completely different feel to it. I'm gonna get into another Corrado at the weekend and see what its like compared to mine, but just in case it'd be good to know what part it is.

Is it hard to change it?

You got a part number for this cable mate? My pedal is also very stiff, though I am used a Mk5 Golf pedal which comes off the floor and is very smooth, so completely different feel to it. I'm gonna get into another Corrado at the weekend and see what its like compared to mine, but just in case it'd be good to know what part it is.

Is it hard to change it?

Best to ask VW / TPS with your reg as there are a couple of different ones on the G60...

Drive by wire will feel different but if the G60 ones feels much heavier then there is a problem somewhere

I've had a stiff pedal before in a MK2 Golf - if the cable doesn't fix it, then a bit of grease on where the pedal pivots will.

Yeah YEGA, I don't have a G60 so not sure if the part numbers will be different, the part number for mine anyway is 1H0721555M but as mentioned, please give VW/TPS your reg number and they will confirm that it is the same or not.

Awesome, cheers guys. Like I said, it could be just me not being used to old style pedals, but without checking against another car I won't know.

During the service yesterday my accelerator cable was removed and turns out there is not much lubrication going on inside so it will be getting replaced.