Yega

Which models had ABS?

I tried looking online but couldnt find a definitive answer - Do all Corrado's come with ABS as standard or is it only certain models/years that get it?

I think my G60 doesn't have it seeing as I braked a bit hard last night and brakes locked up and I slid for about a meter, with a lovely tyre burning smell following straight after.

Thank you, that answers my question. I only ask because I see threads on here about ABS, which lead me to think mine might be broken but its never been there :p

Would that be a extra feature then that might not exist on some models? Where on the dash would I see a ABS light?

All early, pre 1992 model year UK spec cars were supplied without ABS. The reason for this being the left hand drive cars had a totally different ABS system and layout that could not be fitted to right hand drive models for the UK. ABS system was re-engineered by VAG, and applied to right hand drive UK spec Corrados from 92 model year on. This is factory 92 model year, not UK registration year. So in theory N Chassis designate Corrados and onward, ie wvwzzz50zN should have ABS systems fitted as standard.

Yega - yep, you've not got ABS, there's no sensors on your strut top.

(Nice clean engine bay, btw :))

Here's a pic of my filthy old G60, and you can see the ABS sensors on the struts

It was an option on all late cars and the VR had it as standard - the G60 was also meant to be standard ABS but there were supply issues so only the latest ones got it.