G60radoboi

Headlight and side indicators issue.

So I thought I would start work on the valver today. Drivers side headlight not working so switched out the bulbs even though the one in there looked fine. Still no luck, checked fuses all good. When i turn on high beams the headlight comes on but turns off again when i switch off high beam. Is there an issue with the wiring???!!! Then the side indicators... this really boiled my blood, switching them out for smoked ones and realised the damn things don't even have any wiring connected to them!!! Do I need to remove the arch liner to gain access to the inside fender to check for the wires? I wonder how the bloody hell this car made it through MOT with none of these things working???!!!

Regards the headlights, look for some relays in the engine bay, possibly around the battery. It's common for people to (Badly) fit an uprated headlight loom and they can cause issues when they go wrong. As for the side repeaters, yep, either that or a careful bit of fishing around inside the hole in the wing with some wire, but in all honesty you can struggle to pull the bulb holder through.

Neil.

Thanks Neil. Had a gander for some uprated wiring but saw nothing, I have a loom now myself which I plan to fit so hopefully that will resolve the issue. Tried fishing round in the fender with no success so I think my only option is to remove the arch liner to get in the back and see what's going on.

I had a similar issue with mine, Hi beam would work and so would side lights, but Lo beam wouldn't, after much testing with a multimeter it turned out to be the indicater stalk that switches between modes, i guess it had just worn out and something was up with the connections inside.

Was getting power to the lights but they wouldn't come on, i think it must of been an earth issue in the stalk

Aaaahhh see it is just my drivers side. This is what is confusing me so I am hoping that when I fit the uprated wiring loom it will resolve the issue.