Yega

Removing front door cards

I had a search around the forum and found some useful threads on this, such as http://direct.the-corrado.net/showthread.php?41643-How-to-remove-door-cards, but just wanted to find out more information about the clips that hold the cards in.

Are there clips all around or are they just at the bottom? Could someone show me which ones to order in case any snap?

If there are some other threads that I should be looking at regarding this please link me.

I've not done mine for a while, but once all the screws are undone the card should pull off quite easily. I don't recall ever breaking a clip, some stay stuck to door card while some stay on the door, I just pull them off and refit them all to the card (or the door)

Its been so long i can't really remember, but do remember it being easy

Thank you Jim. I remember breaking a few on my Golf, so was worried same thing was going to happen with the Corrado.

I tried removing the trim that covers the tail lights yesterday. Stripped all the plastic heads as I thought they were screws. I know I am a twat lol. Can you get replacements of these? Sorry for hijacking thread but since it involves clips etc......

I tried removing the trim that covers the tail lights yesterday. Stripped all the plastic heads as I thought they were screws. I know I am a twat lol. Can you get replacements of these? Sorry for hijacking thread but since it involves clips etc......

I assume you means the ones in the tailgate? They have a slot for a star screwdriver in them. About 40p each from the dealers in a packet of 10 iirc. You only need to turn them 90degrees but you'll see when they come out. A bit fiddly to refit properly, just dont lose patience!

Thanks fla, yeah the tailgate trim so I will get some ordered up to replace then. Need to fit a bulb for the n/s/r fog light.

From memory to remove the door cards:

* Pop off the inner handle pull trim and unscrew the two large inset screws.

* Slide off the square trim around the handle itself (either forward or back - can't remember).

* Pull out the large plastic handle surround (that has the mirror switches on late cars - unplug this)

* There is a single screw in the middle of the door which has now been exposed by the removal of the above trim. Undo this.

* Remove the speaker grill and unscrew the speaker. Remove it and you will see a screw hidden behind it. A lot of people miss this one. This screw isn't usually present on Audioscape pods but is there for standard pods.

* Prise out the window switches and disconnect them.

* Unscrew the small screws on the front and back edges of the doorcard. These screw into clips which in turn 'pop' into the door (you just need to unscrew the card from them). From memory there are two on the front ende by the pillar and two on the rear edge. You will need a very short stubby phillips screwdriver to reach the front screws by the pillar. There are no screws underneath as the card just rests on the bottom clips

* Not essential but removing the pillar triangle also helps - this just pops off.

* Unscrew the plastic door lock pin on the top edge by the windor.

* The doorcard should now gently prise off.

Edited by Portent

Awesome, thank you for the guide. I will be doing this on Saturday hopefully. Now to find me some speakers for the fronts so I can replace those at the same time.

Had some time last night so I changed over the door cards and the speakers. I have an early model so few things are slightly different (pic), so thought I'd write up what I had to do:

- On the outside edge of the door there are 2 screws

- On the inside edge, towards the top there is 1 screw

- The window and mirror buttons just pop off with your hands (the mirror one is L shaped so pop off, pull up and towards you)

- The trim around the door handle slides off (pull towards the outside edge of the door)

- The long door handle (the one you grab to shut the door) is the trickiest, took me ages to get it off. Ideally you need two people for this. You need to split it in two, as there are 2 large screws at either end. Way I managed to get it off is I pulled the top part, trying to split it away from the second part and then my mate stuck a flat head screw driver at the top and pushed it off.

- The triangle near the wing mirror just pops off, with 3 clips holding it in place

- Behind the speaker trim (which just slides off towards the inner edge of the door) there is a long screw

- Lastly unscrew the door lock pin

- The door card should now pull away, just dont forget to unplug the speakers!!