Timbo90

New fuel reservoir

As above, I need to get a new fuel reservoir as mine has cracked and is leaking! Does anybody know where I can get a new one, or have one in good shape for sale?

I gather you have a 1.8 16v with a corroding fuel system.

Theres a pump in the fuel tank. This feeds to the main pump under the car. The pipe from pump to accumulator is 191 201 373. This is the one that corrodes-you might still find it at some dealers as its only recently become obsolete (about £45). If you order it from VW Heritage/classic parts it will cost more and you may wait a few weeks for delivery.

The accumulator is probably what you are calling a fuel reservoir. Its purpose is to smooth out flow pressure fluctuations and to ensure pressure remains in the system so the car starts on turning the key. Its part no 431 133 441C, (I believe this to be Bosch part no 0438170027). From the dealer this is about £150. These corrode badly so its hard to find a used one unless of course, it had been replaced before the car was scrapped/broken.

I have the 2l 16v with 431 133 441, bosch 0438170052-it looks the same and probably fits /works with your 1.8 ( I believe it operates at 1.8 bar rather than 2.6 bar)!

The pipe from accumulator to fuel filter (this is much larger than the accumulator) is 535 201 218A and is plastic so doesnt rot. I think its still available at about £35.

Both pipes are common to the 1.8 and 2l 16v engines.

I have replaced my corroded pump/accumulator pipe with 2 fiittings/nitrile rubber fuel pipe/2 clips at about £12. I should add its difficult to remove pipes in situ from the accumulator, you might have to do it off the car. Also connections at the pump and filter require new copper washers otherwise you may struggle to get a fuel tight connection.

I give the above in good faith. Please spend a little time googling (as I do) to satisfy yourself the info I have given is correct before you part with your money!!!

If you dont already know search for vagcat, register for free and then access the VAG parts list- a good free source of info.

Edited by bmwcompact

Thanks for your help, but it turns out its just the fuel pump casing/housing that I need! Which is apparently a common problem with corrado's.....I've just ordered a used fuel pump case from a mk2 golf, which should do the trick. Well, atleast until I can get someone to fabricate a new one at a later date.