krishen

Headphone amps

Thinking of buying a headphone amp and seen a few good reviews on the FiiO E11 amp.

Just wondering if anyone has this one or if you have something else you'd recommend?

I'll be using it with my iphone (on the tube) so just looking to improve the sound quality really.

The Fiio stuff is pretty good - I have one of their smaller cheaper units and it's held up really well and does make a noticable improvement to the sound. Go for it!

I've had both the Fiio E5 and the E11, great little devices and definitely add some extra oomph while maintaining quality. I'd go for the E11 if space isn't a issue

I'd always heard that the built-in amp in the iPhones was pretty much reference-quality tbh (certainly way better than the average downloaded mp3..), this concept of bolt-on amps for them has passed me by ..

I assume you are really looking for something more powerful?

I'd always heard that the built-in amp in the iPhones was pretty much reference-quality tbh (certainly way better than the average downloaded mp3..), this concept of bolt-on amps for them has passed me by ..

I assume you are really looking for something more powerful?

Yes. Looking for some more power but maintaining quality.

To be honest im not sure how good the iphone amp is. My sony player sounds noticeably better compared to the iphone (imo).