krishen

How to clean headlights/fogs/indicators??

On the weekend i replaced my drivers side fog light and indicator with virtually new ones. While im really happy they look clear, they make the head lights and passenger side fog/indicator look cloudy (not sure how else to describe it).

So is there a way to bring back the passenger fog/indicator or do i just need to keep an eye out for a set on here?

Also thinking of taking the headlights apart to give them a good clean. Any tips on what product to use on the glass?

Thanks

To clean inside you need to split the lens from the casing. Either a hot air gun around the edge to soften the sealant, or stick em in the oven for a couple of minutes. Any APC or even hot soapy water and a good scrub will clean them up nicely. Reseal with some clear silicon sealant. As for the dull look, its harder to do on glass lights than it is with the plastic. You need to wet sand them starting with about 800 grit, working up to about 4000 if your doing it by hand. 3000 is sufficient if you have a DA or Rotary polisher. An aggressive pad and compound will bring them up really well though, then you can refine them with a less aggressive combo. Will bring it up really well if you go to the effort though. With the plastics you have to me more careful with heat build up from the polishing stages though, as they can become "sticky" end up worse than at the start. You really need to keep on top of them with a dedicated glass sealant afterwards, as UV light will dull them very quickly again if not protected.