daniboy1_2_3

Stereo install

Hi there, im going to be installing a set of infinity component speakers in the corrado, along with an amp, sub and 6 x 9`s in the parcel shelf. The plan is to power the components and sub from the amp and run the 6 x 9`s from the head unit. I wanted to mount the tweeters in the dashboard and wondered if there was anything i could use to mount them in the original holes in the dashboard? Is there an adapter or anything available or do i just need to improvise?.

The next thing will be to route the wires and mount the crossovers. Not really sure where these will go yet but it seems to make sense to have them close to the speakers to avoid running more cable than i need to through the car, somewhere in the dash maybe? again if anyone has any ideas that have worked well for them id really appreciate listening to how they have done it.

Once the speakers are in ill need to secure the sub and amp in the boot. I was planning on mounting the amp to the sub although im not sure if this is the best way due to vibration? Then ill need a way of securing the box so it doesnt slide around the boot.

Ive searched through the forum and will continue to do so but i just wanted to start my own thread and invite comments from fellow corrado users who have done all this before. Maybe my set-up needs some adjustment or there is a better way of doing it? Im all ears and would appreciate your input :).

i run an Alpine headunit, with Kenwood dualmag components in the front doors, my crossovers are in the door too. I'm currently investigating where I can fit my tweeters , am thinking in the triangular blank that covers the mirror fixings as I have leather doorcards and don't want to cut holes. I never run rear speakers, simply no need apart from "filling" the overall sound plus I've never have anyone in the back and wouldn't want to cut my parcel shelf. I have a Focal sub mounted in the nearside rear quarter and an Apline V12 amp in the offside rear quarter, nice neat install retaining full use of the boot and sound awesome. I have used Audioscape doorpods, sub enclosure and amp rack to fit which are pretty expensive but work very very well. They're not made anymore but often come up second hand , in fact i think there's a set of door pods in the classifieds at the moment ! The Sub enclosure and amp rack could very easily be copied if you're a bit handy with MDF and fibreglass

Thanks for the reply, how did you mount your component speakers in the door?. Behind the covers in each corner of the dash seems as good a place as any for the tweeters? totally hidden from view then. My sub is a 12" infinity unit that came in a ported box, im not sure how it would fair if it were mounted like yours but i like the idea of retaining all of the boot space rather than having a big box taking up all of the space. Would there be any chance i could trouble you for a few pictures of how exactly they are mounted as im very tempted to go down this route with mine.

Ive not heard much about the audioscape doorpods, is it something i definately need? i think the mid-range speakers are small enough to go stright into the doors although im not sure if this is the best way for rattles and vibratios?. Is the sub enclosure and amp rack made by audioscape too?. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

Also forgot to ask whats the best method of sound insulating the doors?

I would agree no 6 x 9 are needed. In any of my small to heavy installs involving a sub or subs I have never used them.

Also agree with the mounting of the sub and amp as nicely positioned out of the way.

Quick question could is your sub free air also as that may aid with the mounting.

Hi mate, thanks for the input, i would like to mount the sub and amp either side of the boot but it looks like ill have to make up my own enclosures as the audioscape ones look to be very rare now.

My sub is mounted in a box which is my next problem. I doubt it will take to kindly to being mounted in a smaller enclosure with no porting.

Does anyone have a picture of how the amp enclosure is fitted and holds the amp?.

No pics buddy sorry but similar to access the rear lights on mk4 golf effectively a door that is trimmed on outside.

Sub wish measure the volume of box and a new one would have to be same volume. Then port the new box

I use dynamat for sound deadeneing expensive but worth it, really tightens up the sound. The Audioscape door pods do make big difference to the sound quality also, well worth the £100 or so they fetch. I ran normal speakers originally in standard pods, after I upgraded I had someone willing to bet me I had a hidden sub in the front somewhere the sound was so good !! Ill get some pics across as soon as I can but am really busy right now. As far as I can recall the Audioscape sub enclosure is 1.1 cubic ft. If you check out Google images there pics of Corrado's with the sub enclosure, there's door pod pics and theres one pick of the amp rack but you can see a lot of it but you'll get the idea. AS far as the tweeter go, id mount on the doorcard at the top if I didn't have leathers, I was advised against running them in the front of the dash where the oem speaker are because the screen kinda curves up over them creating a bit of a barrier if that makes sense

Thanks for the information mate, i have the later leather door cards and i was hoping to mount the tweeters in the dash but if its going to really compromise the sound then ill have to find an alternative, not sure where else ill be able to put them so ill have to have a search about. Sounds like the audioscape pods are the way to go but the rarity of them probably means ill not find any for quite a while and i really wanted to get cracking with installing everything soon.

Wow bigger than most subs ;)

May have meant 30mm

Forgot to have a chat about this at the weekend