J-ME

Bad first days ownership

Picked it up xmsaturday morning and by the time I had it home,

It isn't starting bump it and it goes straight away,

Narrowed it down to the starter relay, so have a wire from exciter lead to the battery and whey

It runs, until last night, now it just turns over and doesn't fire, it's got a stupid Clifford on it, it could be that, I do rather hope its something simple, because I am now really disheartened and almost wish I didn't buy the damn thing,

Any other problem it could be?

Well I hope I can get it sorted, as its on my drive and it's only been insured since sat green flag won't come out, so I have to get it recovered, and I'm gonna get my mechanic to rip it all out while he is there, also just found out I hve a water leak

Fml can't find any wet hoses or anything and also have a bit of oil in the dizzy

ignition switch would've been my first thought but if it wont start with a wire it's gotta be immobilizer related surely?

edit - ooooor starter?

Edited by bristolbaron

Its testing you. (The corrado that is). They are strange cars and always seem to kick you when you are down.

Its all the good days in between that make up for it.

Yep the good days do , there is not one person on this forum who has not had trouble ,at some point , but they are very reliable cars generally . It just seems that sometimes you sort one problem ........and you come up against another . Good servicing and maintenance usually keeps the old girls running fine , they are getting on a bit now . Good luck with yours .

Its testing you. (The corrado that is). They are strange cars and always seem to kick you when you are down.

Its all the good days in between that make up for it.

This is very true. I just got back from Australia and my car threw a right wobbler. Water leak, ignition switch, wheel bearing. Once it's all put right it all ends up being worth it!!

It can't be the starter, as with the wire it was turning over perfectly, just not firing, what I'm hoping is its the Clifford, with bypassing the starter relay, it may have stunned the immobiliser, as with most they splice into 2 kills usually spark and fuel pump, the fuel pump still primes up, so my guess is its going to be starter and coil, it's at the garage now, so hopefully with a constant live to the coil it might fire up, so may have a because race car ignition flip switch and push start lol

So now the alarm is refusing to work, so need a new one of those, and the driers door mech is shagged, will only open from te inside, this car is getting closer to getting torched every time I look at it

Get a handle repair kit (in suppliers forum on here) to fix the handle. Easy enough to do. If your any good with wiring, you should be able to remove the alarm with a bit of heat shrink and a soldering iron for now.