Sign in to follow this  
Blown

Corrado replacement.

Ever wondered what car you would replace your beloved Corrado with?

Well I think I've found out what I'll be buying next!

Mate of mine,who works on an Offshore tug,went back to work this week for 4 weeks and left me with the keys to his new car-A one year old Leon Cupra R 1.8T. :D

Had it out for a spin tonight-all smiles I can tell you.Superb accellaration,S*ithot brakes and very,very subtle.If you don't look for the badge.......

There was another grey Leon 1.6 I think, tooling around tonight and my mates were trying to race him thinking it was me. :lol:

Anyway...I WANT ONE!!!!!!

dunno what i'd replace the C with........more than likely would keep the C too(or at least try to)must admit too tho.....ive been starting to admire the :oops: :oops: Nissan 350Z a bit too much lately :oops: :oops:

I liked the 350Z until the demo car opposite my work was broken down just down the road :lol:

I liked the 350Z until the demo car opposite my work was broken down just down the road :lol:

so it has Corrado qualities too :-P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Blown,

Not that I'd ever change my C, but Cupra R is definitely high on the list :D

Cheers,

Rica

The Cupra has a really bad problem with depreciation.

i worked for a seat dealers and they did struggle to shift their demos,cheaper than hot hatches for sure,but its let down a bit by equipment as the build no matter how they say they are in the vw fold is never the same.

please bear in mind this was roughly 7-8 years ago.

I think people pay seat money and expect a vw golf or whatever,it isnt the case or I would have one of those fabia 6 speed diesels as I would want to laugh at the posh badges being smoked by me tdi ....probably in more ways than one if theres excess fuel going thru after opening the pump up 'a bit'

hehe

:lol:

Seat Leon Cupra R's now also have one MAJOR flaw... people keep nicking 'em... :? :( :roll:

The insurance is getting silly on 'em and is only gonna get worse, and the nervous twitch the owners develop every time they hear anything that sounds remotely like a car alarm is something I never want to experience... :?

Shame, 'cos it's a car I'd seriously consider buying to replace my MKII golf driver... (I'd never replace the Corrado! :p )

Was about to start a thread on the Cupra R and then found this one... :roll:

How nice are these :shock: I've noticed them around for some time now and they have realy grown on me, new company car should be on the cards at the end of the summer and with some luck one of these may be an option... think the C would have to be sold for a VR though as there would be no point owning a weekend toy that was nearly 90bhp down on my week day car :lol: Just need to go book me a test drive...

Yeah.. they are indeed awesome motors, and rather well priced as well.

Want one! :(

Ive just looked at this Cupra pic,its a Leon isnt it ?

so it has an audi a3 floorpan or was it a golf,heck I cant remember now !

maybe it was both :p

Golf 4 = Seat Leon = Skoda Octavia = Audi TT... All based on the same floor pan :)

Best looking one out of the bunch is the Seat Leon IMHO... 8) I was dead impressed when my parents came home with a nice shiney red Leon 1.9 TDI... 8) (makes a nice change from some of the cr@p they've had in the past! ;) :lol: )

Rather a fan of the Octavia RS's as well.. and you can pick up mint but high mileage 2001 examples (like 98k) for about £8000...

:)

I was checking out a new one the other day,the calipers were green,I presume from the factory.......

The Leon is a nice drive,far better than a ibiza anyway !

should do, they're probably 5x100 unless they're audi bred in which case they may be 5x108 or 5x112.... :?

anyone know for sure?

should do, they're probably 5x100 unless they're audi bred in which case they may be 5x108 or 5x112.... :?

anyone know for sure?

just guessing cos its the same platform as the mk4 golf et'al that it'll be 5x100pcd

snap.... but I've been drinking quite heavily tonight, so I thought I'd hedge my bets! ;)

I've been drinking quite heavily tonight

Wahay me too! Fu*k the Corrado replacement, there is only ONE Corrado!! :drinking: :-P :lol:

I´ve been looking into the Leon Cupra R here, its the only car that comes close imho, I like the RX8 but something tells me No no no, the 350z is too pricey and plasticy inside.

There will probably never be another C, so over the past week i´ve been thinking why bother trying!!

Agree with Nige about the 350Z- really tacky inside. Shame. Way too many RX8's around now.

Leon Cupra-R or low milage late 200SX would be my choice. After nearly buying an SX and test driving some, they are really excellent cars, and the tuning potential is enormous! :twisted:

Heres a quick chop with the Leon Cupra R wheels on Trilidon's Corrado..

They actually look pretty cool wheels.. wonder if they'd fit on a Corrado properly.......