G60  CS

Testing rear spoiler electrics..............How ?

Hi my rear spoiler stopped working after a recent trip to the bodyshop. The car went there with a fully working rear spoiler and came back with it only working very occasionally, mostly during a bit of " spirited " driving. I also noticed the rear spoiler could be pulled up by hand which I'm sure it couldn't before.

The car went back to the bodyshop to have a US spec tailgate painted & fitted, this time it doesn't work at all (from the manual switch or automatically with speed) and cannot be pulled up by hand. So far I have used the manual handle to make sure it will rise and return ok - it does. Next job it to run + & - direct to the motor to confirm the motor's ok. can anyone tell me how to remove the spoiler control module and where the VSS is on a '92 G60 and how I can test the switch and spoiler control module ?

thanks in advance Simon

When you say cannot be pulled up manually by hand have you unlocked it and tried turning it with the manual winder??

Either way I'd say they've broken it!

I've seen that thread. I've turned the handle and it moves up and down like it should do. ive checked the fuse thats ok , it just seems like thres no power. I have a spare spoiler control module so gonna try that next but really what I want to know is how is the control module secured to the underside of the dash so I can remove it and secondly where's the VSS located

If I reach up under the dash to the right if the spoiler switch I can feel where the wires go from the switch, can unplug the loom but can't get the part out seems to be secured somehow

yeah I read that too but it worked with the stereo in, stopped working after trips to the bodyshop, am hoping just a coincidence and its just a module failure - I have a spare