Sign in to follow this  
Duffman

9A 16v ECU rechip

Hi

I wondered if anyone else has had this done , custom remap of the ECU ??

I am sure Jabbasport must have done them in the past ? i need the revs uncreaed at tickover as the cams are a bit lumpy, also the rev limter moved up and some more fuel and advance i reckon could help

One of my mates was having his audi done by a tuner form europe so he did mine after the audis

I was running a passat ECU , but the tuner has no map info for that part number , luckly i have a later Corrado ECU (CC) with me so swapped over

He used a realtime emulator plugged and was altering values etc , but the tuner did not have enough knowledge of the map so did not get very far, Also the emulator has been playing up recently so looks like it will get it done again in a few months when he come back to the UK ..

BTW my car is a mk2 golf track hack with passat 9A & shricks

Anyone else had good improvments on getting this sort of work done ?

i am getting a superchip for my 9A series engine on thurs day i will tell ya then if i notice any diffrences... also i am getting CAMS INLET fitted (50mm) and the chip...

Hi, cool i reckon the cam will make the most difference on yours, let me know what you think of it once its done ... Cheers

I have looked into re-chipping my 9A engine.

I've spoken to loads of people about including Bosch, who advised there is not much which can be done with it to increase power on a standard engine.

Got the head off at the moment and gas flowing it and the manifolds.

I have got a KR inlet cam but will probably get fast road ones in few months.

Yeah i must admit this is one thing may may increase power by quite a bit on this ECU as flowing the head etc, will decrease the amount of pinking and therefore allow the ECU to run less retard (more advance) that could be a fair bit of power, added to that better flow and increased torque.

I have never flowed anything on mine as its all scrapyard stuff engine ECU loom etc, so i was not sure of the condition, but it seems fine, so i may have to start doing some of this work. Any tips on doing the inlet manifold ? i may try doing a KR head in the future

i am getting a superchip for my 9A series engine on thurs day i will tell ya then if i notice any diffrences... also i am getting CAMS INLET fitted (50mm) and the chip...

very interested in how this works out

As far as modding the inlet manifold I cleaned up the casting marks, making sure eveything is smooth. Make sure you do not have a step at the joints, i.e. make sure the ports on the head are slightly larger than the ajoining manifold parts.

I did a lot of work on the exhaust manifold - on No.3 cylinder there is a large disruption of airflow, this is because VW needed to allow room to get one of the manifold to head bolts on. I managed to remove alot of this plus opened up the surrounding pipe work to account for it.

I'll let you know how it runs in the next week or so.