MarkR

Seat lever and first aid kit

Hi,

I have had my VR6 for just over a week and i'm still grinning from ear to ear.

I have spotted a couple of items missing and wondered whether anyone had a back rest lever from the driver's seat - the one that flips the seat forward.

Also I am looking for a first aid kit. I understand that these are like gold dust. Does anyone have the measurements for the original first aid box. I assume it fitted in the cut hole cut into the foam in the rear arm rest.

I had an MGB a few years ago and parts for these were plentiful. I can see Corrado ownership is going to be a rewarding challenge!

Thanks Mark

I have a first aid box. None of the contents have ever been opened and I'm led to believe it is original. I'll try get a picture next time I am up. It fits perfectly into the slot and definitely has some German writing on anyway..

How much posted?

vw still sell them, bought one last week for about 24 quid. And the best thing is in about 4 years time when it's all out of date you can sell it on eBay for twice what you paid for it :scratch: :bonk:

You are right Mark, the first aid kits fit in the rear seat "hump" - If you are not bothered about originality, I bought one of these and they fit perfectly:

http://www.conrad-uk.com/ce/en/product/853868/Malteser-Classic-First-Aid-Kit/SHOP_AREA_92330

Ian.

Thanks Guys, If anyone has one for sale please PM me with a price. I would like to keep things original, but the Malteser kit looks a good option.

I find this first aid kit business quite strange. with any other part, like a brake caliper for example, a new one from vw would still be considered original and also desirable because it is new and fully working.

First aid kits seem to be the only part to defy this logic and they have never even been unique to the corrado, they are not even the same across the years of manufacture.

Each to their own of course :-), I have just never understood this one.