VR-Sixy

Finally, a major Tart-Up on the horizon.

Well, i finally have some disposable funds to hand :dance:(i sued the butt off my local NHS trust for nausing up my knee) and got a rather handsome

compensation cheque through. This means that i can now give my tired looking Corrado a long over-due facelift and get him back to how he

was looking when i first got him.

From a distance, he's still not looking too bad......

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73185[/ATTACH]

but on closer inspection, the story is not so pretty.....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73186[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]73187[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]73188[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]73189[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]73190[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]73191[/ATTACH]

So, i went to see the guy this morning who my regular garage guy recommended to me to see what he can do, and he came in exacly on budget on what i had planned to spend. I have sourced a replacement tailgate and rear bumper both of which need to be resprayed, and if anything is not working, he's going to take the working parts off the existing tailgate. He's going to get the wheels refurbished so they'll be a lot tidier than they are at the moment and he's also going to get rid of the rust and paint bubbles that are dotted around the car, and sort out the not so noticeable dings and pings along the way.

After all that is done, he's going to get all the road grime off with a clay-bar job and then polish it all up until he's all gleamy and sparkley, and he's doing all this for just under £1,200 bottom line. :thumbleft:

I'll post up some more pictures once it's been done.

Edited by VR-Sixy

Just been down to have a gander at my Corrado, and I can't believe how good it's going. No major issues reported and it's all gone like clockwork. Both bumpers are off the car, and have been rubbed down, primered and given their paint, as has the new tail gate. All of the rust and cruddy bits have disappeared from both sides and this too has been primered and is ready for top coating tomorrow. Then on Thursday, the wheels get their share of the TLC with a good going over and then, all being well, I'll have my lttle beastie back at Lunchtime Friday. Can#t wait to see it all in one piece.

Excellent work mate, always thought yours was pretty clean paintwise anyway, but only ever seen it from mine while driving by :)

Thats mainly the reason mine is moving quickly (to hide the bad bits) where abouts is the place you are using?

Excellent work mate, always thought yours was pretty clean paintwise anyway, but only ever seen it from mine while driving by :)

Thats mainly the reason mine is moving quickly (to hide the bad bits) where abouts is the place you are using?

It's a place in my home town that i didn't know even existed!! Must say this guy has done a sterling job from what i've seen today. We'll have to meet up once it's done so you can cast your beady minces over it!!

Got my little beastie back Friday afternoon and I'm very pleased with the results...... so much so that I think the painwork on the bonnet is now letting it down so i'm going to have that done next week!! May as well go the whole hog. I'll post some pics up when that's done as well.

Photos????!!!!! Also, interested in who you used for the work. I am looking at buying another Raddo that has similar bodywork issues! Cheers

Oh alright.. i'll post up some pics over the weekend when i've washed it!! The work was done by a friend of the guy who does my car servicing

and repairs etc. Happy to pvt msg you with the details. This place is jsut a small concern, nothing flash or fancy, but he know's what he's

doing and i'm really pleased with the job he's done. Thanks Bill!!

Oh alright.. i'll post up some pics over the weekend when i've washed it!! The work was done by a friend of the guy who does my car servicing

and repairs etc. Happy to pvt msg you with the details. This place is jsut a small concern, nothing flash or fancy, but he know's what he's

Yeah, that would be great thanks, I am not looking for flash or fancy!..Your chap sounds just the ticket. Look forward to seeing the 'after' photos too

I think you have made us wait long enough Nick :bounce2:

OK, here they are........ [ATTACH=CONFIG]73639[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]73640[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]73641[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]73638[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73637[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]73642[/ATTACH]

Edited by VR-Sixy

The little beastie went in to have the bonnet re-sprayed today. Should have him back for Saturday morning...... then we're almost done.