robrado974

What is the small black box close to the isv and throttle body ? isv trouble also ?

I have looked in the manual , proberbly right in front of my face ! , claening isv again tomorrow and all electrics ,the stalling is getting worse and the revs keep going up and down . ive cleaned it out before , have new spark plugs , dizzy and hallsender ,cleaned all the ecu conections and other components . That was a while back ,so going to sort it tomorrow ,spose its worth checking vac hoses for small splits as well . The car has a great spark and no fuel worries .

Rob

isv damper.

Throttle damper?

Have you looked at the throttle position sensor aswell, as these can cause similar issues?

And yes check for any split hoses.

Edited by dumptyboy

Sounds like the ISV damper. It has black foam inside- check all of the pipes to make sure the foam hasn't been sucked in. Also check that all the pipes are connected securely and not split etc.

I had a back fire in the manifold and blew the throttle damper to bits, so re-rooted the pipe work to delete it. Seems to run fine without it.

Well i have cleaned everything , went out for a drive with robster r32 , went to get some fuel and it stalled 4 times ,revs all over the place . Then it settled down .roughly an hours drive and it was as sweet as a nut . Not sure whats going on ?. One thing that is suspect though is the fuel saver thats fitted , rob looked it up and its sposed to good for a few thousand mile , well its been on there for alot longer . Maybe its clogged ? Going to get some fuel pipe and get rid of it . The other thing she has started doing is not starting first time , the car has always started first turn of the key , now only fires second time round . Just wondering if its fuel starvation as the old fuel saver is clogged up .

Regards ,Rob