Sign in to follow this  
karmannG60

Oil cooler

dont like lookin at the oil temp raising over 115 deg C, so I was wondering if some of you have installed an Oil cooler, and could give me the dimensions of it, and tell me what temperatures you read after the installation.

Many Thanks

-Chris

Many thanks! Ill buy me one of those, but i cant find the correct fitting kit tho, i can only find one for the scirroco... and i do like to have those braided hoses. Could you please direct me to where i can find the right kit?

-Chris

Actual temp would have been 138c as MFA is 10c lower than sump :?

I've used that Mocal on a couple of Valvers and now the VR and I am very pleased with the quality of the unit and the fixtures and fittings etc. If you do get one, don't bother with braided hosing. Standard rubber aeroquip is fine and make sure you heat the hose with a hairdryer before sliding it over the unions, otherwise you'll struggle like hell! Don't use jubilee clips either as you'll cut the rubber. Once the hose is on the union, that's it, it won't come off again so do a good job of measuring the lengths first!

You should get a 15-20c reduction on the MFA.

I thought G60s had an oil cooler as standard? In front of the rad?

Cheers

Kev

good to see you on here barrie!!

going for an oil cooler too eh? been looking at buying for ages, might actually get round to doing it now witha bigger rad too!