ray_vr6

Anyone know Swampy (Banned User)

Hi

Does anuone know Swampy - ordered some bolts for my subframe a few weeks ago and despite messages I havn't been able to contact him to see when I can expect delivery.

I really need to get these bolts to start my subframe rebuild or I will have to go to VW

So is anyone in contact with him outwith the Forum?

Thanks

[MOD Update - Due to complaints on here and on other forums more recently we've banned Swampy with immediate effect. Updated thread title to reflect this - SC]

Edited by Supercharged

You could try Vag hag swampy has him as a friend in his profile i had the same problem mate he hasn't got very good customer relation skill's.

I had the same problem a while back, I got the stuff eventually but he has burnt his bridges as far as me buying anything else from him goes, which is a shame really. News travels fast on these kinds of places so he isn't doing himself any favours.

I bought some front brake lines off him a while back and the banjo ends seemed a little too big compared to the originals, making a sloppy fit. He then charged me for two new banjo bolts which were completely wrong - he then said he'd speak to his supplier, alas I never heard from him again after that.

I felt that as soon as he had my money he was uninterested.

Selling as much stuff as he does on here, I would've thought he would be keen to ensure all customers are happy.

I'm rather dissatisfied to hear about this. Will escalate for the attention of the other mods. Thanks.

Me to. Evenly got what I ordered but his attitude was very bad. He answer my question after 2 weeks when I opened paypal dispute and he need to work on his customer relationship a lot.

You could try Vag hag swampy has him as a friend in his profile i had the same problem mate he hasn't got very good customer relation skill's.

My Bad, i added the wrong guy. I meant to add Swompy....... I dont know this Swampy guy so cant comment. I thought it was Jake who I met a Nat day last year.

Please dont start sending me hate mail by mistake as its not me and I have nothing to do with him or any relation:thumbleft:

My Bad, i added the wrong guy. I meant to add Swompy....... I dont know this Swampy guy so cant comment. I thought it was Jake who I met a Nat day last year.

:camp:

to be fair, ordered two rear flexi pipes from him, arrived within couple of days of my cheque clearing, sent recorded delivery, kept me informed , and they were a perfect fit, let him respond first before making any decisions, just my tuppence worth

Ray

Your bolts got sent out ages ago,if you haven't got them I can pick some more up but it won't be until Friday when I can get to my supplier.

Clumpy I still stand by what I said all along, the damage to that hose was from a heavy handed mechanic trying to do things with the hose that shouldn't happen.

99% of the items I sent out arrive with in a few working days, certain bolts and braided lines I get as and when required.

I don't supply either item as a business and supply most at almost cost price once you have factored in the postage and packing costs

I will contact Post Office tomorrow to see if they can throw any light on missing delivery - will let you know how I get on

Package is around 6 inches long 2 high by 3 wide I'd say.

Brown tape, wrapped around bubble wrap.

Your address one side with the stamp return address on other.

Maybe that you got drop carded as it is border line on fitting thru a letter box

Sorry mate - went to the PO this morning and they did not have anything. I will pm you my address again in case there was a problem with it.

Ray

Thanks for the update - what about Somersetdub and his issue with Banjo bolts??

Asfaik that was sorted ages ago

He sourced bolts locally and until this thread I never heard any more from him.

An m12 banjo bolt is an m12 so long as the thread is correct pitch and length is right the width is always the same

The way I read it that was his issue though - VW's use M10 fittings and the ones he had were 12mm so if you supplied M12 bolts to match then they obviously didn't fit as he stated - if this is the case then the hoses should have been replaced.

The way I read it that was his issue though - VW's use M10 fittings and the ones he had were 12mm so if you supplied M12 bolts to match then they obviously didn't fit as he stated - if this is the case then the hoses should have been replaced.

Can't see where you read that.

Fronts use an m10 fitting from late mk3 onwards

Rears use an m12 fitting

I have fitted and supplied so many if the rears with out issue I know the fittings are fine.

The company that supply me make thousands of lines a week all specs are oe standard

I'm just going by when he posted on page 1 of this thread but I have PM'd him and asked him to update on here... not sure what he bought as on the brake lines sale thread he's asked questions but no reply in the thread so can't tell what actually happened.

---------- Post added at 8:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 8:32 AM ----------

I bought some front brake lines off him a while back and the banjo ends seemed a little too big compared to the originals, making a sloppy fit. He then charged me for two new banjo bolts which were completely wrong - he then said he'd speak to his supplier, alas I never heard from him again after that.

I felt that as soon as he had my money he was uninterested.

Selling as much stuff as he does on here, I would've thought he would be keen to ensure all customers are happy.

What he wrote...

I'm just going by when he posted on page 1 of this thread but I have PM'd him and asked him to update on here... not sure what he bought as on the brake lines sale thread he's asked questions but no reply in the thread so can't tell what actually happened.

---------- Post added at 8:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 8:32 AM ----------

What he wrote...

Yes I read that, and it doesn't state a size of bolt

An m10 or m12 banjo bolt is just that for each thread they are a set width industry standard.

When going thru a banjo fitting they have a small amount of play / tolerance by design , they do not screw thru line a normal bolt does, that is why they come with sealing washers made from copper.

From the braided line thread

Did you ever sort out some correct banjo bolts?

There is places on eBay that sell them, listed for motorbikes, but my supplier cannot supply them and it's nor economical for me to buy them from eBay to sell on.

Best thing to do if buying second hand calipers is to Ask the seller to include the bolts.

I do supply them with new sealing washers so re using the old bolt isn't an issue.

Edited by swampy