Andrew_LWSDesign

Carbon and Infused Fibreglass Tailgate - Now taking orders - LWS Design

Hi,

Really happy to let you all know we are taking orders from today for the Corrado Tailgate...this will be available in 3 options....

Full Carbon Fibre - £649

Carbon Exterior and Infused GRP - £525

Complete Infused GRP - £425

JMR are kindly supplying us with a tailgate to mould from and once we start receiving orders we will be starting the moulding process which we anticipate taking about 2 to 3 weeks and then first product supplied shortly after this.

We are expecting the weights to be coming in at between 2kg to 3kg and the Infused Carbon / Fibreglass and Fibreglass versions not much more.

Best to email [email protected] with any order queries.

The Golf Mk2 tailgate that we currently supply and have done so around the world (One going out to South Africa this week) can be seen here...

http://www.lwsdesign.co.uk/product.php?product_id=105

Thanks for looking and please forward any questions to me at the info email address...

Excellent news, am delighted to hear that after many years of trying to get this component produced, LWS Designs are going to add another quality VAG panel to their already comprehensive range. Have placed my order for a full carbon tailgate , and feel sure many more orders will follow suit. With the tailgate going into production it is now possible to equip the Corrado with carbon fibre panels front to back reducing weight from the top of the chassis and lowering the centre of gravity. Sure this wont be every owners priority, but this is only one advantage to composite panels. Many more benefits are to be had from carbon and fibreglass panels, and it is great that LWS support the Corrado, especially at a time when dealer is offering ever declining parts availability.

As soon as the first unit is ready I will take delivery, and it will be fitted as a matter of priority. I will take some pics and post em up. But don't wait for this as quality is assured, just have a look at LWS Design products and you will buy with confidence. At JMR we embrace the opportunity to fit LWS Design panels as we know quality and fit is guaranteed.

looking good.is glass and seals still available? and does the tailgate have all of the original brackets.mounting points as the original?

Hi, Thanks for the questions...yes all of the original fixing points will be on the tailgate and the orginal screws can re reused as the correct threads are bonded into the tailgate in the same was as they are for the bonnets... We can also supply lexan polycarb rear windows.. Thanks for the interest...

thanks for the reply,i take it the rear polycarb rear windows will not be heated? as its like a perspex type material not glass? would be great to see some pictures, when youve got one made up and fitted.