Jim Bowen

Still got coolant problems

Got the valve now. Been ripped off. But I'll get over it. They sent me some cheap looking one that's half the price anywhere else.

Quick question. Which way do I want the flow to go? Am going to use the valve to connect the throttle body hoses together

I believe it flows into to the throttle body on that pipe.

zude8a8u.jpg note the small arrows depicting flow on the main pipes.

Edited by winchbietch

Been wondering why I could hear gurgling noises every time I turned the ignition on or off ever since I had my coolant system fully refurbished, including a full samco hose swap. Rooted around in the loft and dug out the old hoses and low and behold, I can see the small brass valve sitting a little way inside one of the pipes. A bit of fairy liquid and some pipe wiggling later and out pops the valve onto the table. Popped it into the equivalent samco hose in the same orientation as I found it and no more gurgling - happy days!

Jim, I don't think it's that clear in the diagram above, the valve should be positioned so that coolant can flow towards the throttle body - the valve goes in the left hand connection on the throttle body as you look down on it.

HTH

Mark

i personal think youve got electrical fault somewhere,especially if the guage reads lower than normal. i had problem while back similar which was temp guage going through the roof,figured out washing engine bay caused water to get into temp sender and short it out. fan came on as usual and drive fine,changed switch all gone

Ordered my cable already, waiting for it to arrive. Downloaded some software from Rosstech, Probably going to be fitting a replacement engine soon anyway, but i'm keeping this old one to take apart and maybe rebuild.

Took engine out and removed head yesterday.

20130520_181626.jpg

20130520_181556.jpg

One cylinder was full of water and the head gasket has gone