Johnny H

Watchfinder.co.uk

Hi all.

Just wanted to know if anyone has brought a watch from Watchfinder.co.uk before??

My wife said she wants to get me a new watch for my 30th and has asked me to pick one.

Thanks Johnny

An Rolex AirKing.

Thanks just be chatting with them online and they sound really nice.

Drop Dominic @ HackettWatches.com a line.. he's very very well reputed and well established on the PistonHeads watch subforum with many happy customers. He can source new or old stock. A look at his website should show you the kind of stuff he stocks normally.

Thanks Jim I look him up.

It's really hard picking a watch. I've got about £2.5k to send. Funny cause I said buy a Casio and send the rest on the corrado but she's wasn't happy with that lol.

Cause it's my 30th it's got to be really special and I love watches, I've already got a omega seamaster which I will hand down to one of the sons and the next watch will be handed down to my other son.

I've got a lovely Rolex box available if you find a watch without one :lol:

LOL! I was just thinking of that too - Stanford Hall??

Actually mine could do with new glass, it's perfect otherwise... does Kim's dad still have his shop?

It's my stepdad, and yes, still going very strong! He's currently spending 3 weeks at Breitling and has his other repairer booked in for Rolex certification.

I can get the glass arranged no probs, either let me know or contact the shop direct - http://www.watchworks.co.uk

The Air King's a lovely watch, I have an Explorer

I really like the copper colour face on this one

http://secondtimeround.com/Rolex-Air-King-114200-PINK-356.html

I do really like the AirKing, there's something classy about it.

But I'm not a fan of the pink one thou, I like the silver ones

---------- Post added at 4:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 4:37 PM ----------

This is the one I'm look at:-

http://www.watchfinder.co.uk/Rolex/Air%20King/114200/8431/item/25698

Looks Gash!! like something my granddad would have worn in the 80's! LOL

You have bad taste then :lol:

Each to their own but I love Rolex Oysters, not too large and very stylish but understated

Baz - if you could get me a price that would be good please mate, it's not too bad really but I remember It coming back like new from you before - still working perfectly and no noticeable loss of time

You can't really talk about Rolex and good taste in the same sentence though really Steve. They do make some nice watches, but they make some complete and utter gash as well... like the Skydweller. Nice movement, but housed in an utter abomination of a case!

Cant remember the last time I owned a watch, given my phone is on me all the time, and its probably vibrates at least a 100 times a day with notifications / emails I generally know what the time is already :) Even if I wore a watch, id still check my phone!

To each his own.. seem to be a few watch enthusiasts on here :) I feel naked when I don't have one on.

Cant remember the last time I owned a watch, given my phone is on me all the time, and its probably vibrates at least a 100 times a day with notifications / emails I generally know what the time is already :) Even if I wore a watch, id still check my phone!

I feel naked without mine, but each to there own.

I do think of them as a bit of an investment. Like the Rolex and Omega will always be worth good money and if my boys (I've only got boys, I'm not being sexiest) look after the ones I give them they will be worth loads.

Can't say I'm a fan or Rolex mainly because I think your just paying for the name.

Im firmly in the TAG camp :)

Can't say I'm a fan or Rolex mainly because I think your just paying for the name.

I do like the TAG but I'm looking for a dress watch and most TAG's look a bit like my omega.

Don't get me wrong Rolex have some nice watches just not for me.

Got my tag formula 1 for my 21st off my parents. Also have a Timex perpetual calendar watch for when the tag needs its betteries replacing. Have had the Timex for a good few years now and it's never let's down

:lol: The truth is almost entirely opposite. Rolex are one of the only watch brands where you're paying predominantly for quality of hand made components. The movements found in quartz tag watches are worth about £8 tops.

That maybe so as I said its just how I feel due to the astronomical prices. No doubt you are paying for a good watch with a Rolex

^ Lol, me too - really like the Kirium bezel design - I like the ones with the older type red/green coloured logo too...

Why did they drop that range - loved the design?

And good luck with getting a Tag serviced here in the UK through official channels - they have legendarily bad customer service it seems. Rolex may be the Apple of the watch world in many respects, but along with that comes very good customer service. I'm more of an Omega guy personally even though I've only managed to afford to buy two! :) I wouldn't say no to certain Rolex's though - a nice basic Submariner or Sea-Dweller would do me. Way too pricey for me though :(