Johnny H

Watchfinder.co.uk

I love my omega and wear it everyday, I just want a nice dress watch and I've always wanted a rolex,

Here's my omega[ATTACH]73483[/ATTACH]

^ Lol, me too - really like the Kirium bezel design - I like the ones with the older type red/green coloured logo too...

Why did they drop that range - loved the design?

Who knows.. It was a belter at the time, such an easy watch to sell. The first models had the red/green for quartz and skeleton logo for Automatic. I'm looking for a grey dialled Auto.

It was the first watch completely CAD designed. [can you say CAD designed? CAD'ed? :lol: ]

And good luck with getting a Tag serviced here in the UK through official channels - they have legendarily bad customer service it seems. Rolex may be the Apple of the watch world in many respects, but along with that comes very good customer service. I'm more of an Omega guy personally even though I've only managed to afford to buy two! :) I wouldn't say no to certain Rolex's though - a nice basic Submariner or Sea-Dweller would do me. Way too pricey for me though :(

Yep, LVMH like to charge for everything possible. It seems hard to get away with a basic service without being told you need something else too. Again, my stepfather can obtain genuine parts from LVMH for service. He's one of only a few in the country that can offer this.

Rolex are phenomenal in what they can offer, hearing about what goes on behind the scenes they're a great company. Sadly Henry Hudson, the head of UK Service for many years retired a couple of years ago. He was single handedly responsible for the majority of Rolex UK's reputation.

Omega are another great brand, again i'd recommend sticking with automatic movements such as the 007 above, however they do well at looking after older customers with sourcing parts. [unlike VW :lol:]

I've got a late 80's / early 90's Speedmaster Professional (with the hand wound Cal. 861 movement) and recently acquired a 1952 Seamaster Automatic with a 'bumper' automatic movement.. it's been away with my watchmaker for the last 6 weeks going through a complete restoration and should hopefully get it back in the next week or so - can't wait!

Yes mate, to me. Paid a little over £2k.

It's getting a professional polish before I get it so it will be with me end of next week.

Can't wait :)

Johnny

Here's 2 more pics of it.

[ATTACH]73484[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]73485[/ATTACH]

That is a lovely watch mate i too have a bit of a watch fetish however i can't really afford this league not with running an R32 :lol: oh well car or watch mmmmm..........

No not yet, that was a pic the guy sent me.

Will be here end of next week.

Looking forward to it.

I'll post up more pics when I get it.

---------- Post added at 7:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:14 PM ----------

That is a lovely watch mate i too have a bit of a watch fetish however i can't really afford this league not with running an R32 :lol: oh well car or watch mmmmm..........

Thanks mate.

I do love my watches and I do love my cars.

I've only got it cause its my 30th this yeah and it's abit of an Investment really.

If I had the money I would have an white gold rolex Daytona and drive an Aston Martin DBS lol.

But I've got the next beat thing:-

A rolex DateJust and drive an Corrado VR6 :lol:

Lovely watch.

I'm on the lookout for a 1969 Omega as I do like them as a brand and it was the year I was born. It would be nice to leave my son something like that on the future.

No not yet, that was a pic the guy sent me.

Will be here end of next week.

Looking forward to it.

I'll post up more pics when I get it.

---------- Post added at 7:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:14 PM ----------

Thanks mate.

I do love my watches and I do love my cars.

I've only got it cause its my 30th this yeah and it's abit of an Investment really.

If I had the money I would have an white gold rolex Daytona and drive an Aston Martin DBS lol.

But I've got the next beat thing:-

A rolex DateJust and drive an Corrado VR6 :lol:

Can't fault you mate looked after it should be a sound investment your car is looking good too :salute: