Sign in to follow this  
Red_16v

Hi, another new member!

Hey everyone,

I'm new here.

I thought i'd introduce myself. i'm 18 and recently sold my 1st car but knew i wanted a higher performance car for my next car. i'd been searching for 16v mk2 golfs but found a few Corrado's for sale and knew this was the car for me. i collected my Corrado on saturday. a nice red 16v, H reg, 95K miles. i just have to clear up a bit of debt then some subtle mods will be coming soon.

cheers,

Tim

Welcome to the forum :)

Where abouts are you in the world?

18? How's the insurance? :?

Hi, thanks

I'm from Sussex, between Brighton & Worthing. i've already noticed quite a few nice Corrado's round the area. i'm not sure if any of them are on here though.

With Admiral in my name with dad as a named driver its about £1200 a year, so paid monthly its not so bad. :mrgreen:

yeah mate know it well, welcome to the forum. 18 and got a corrado nice one, dread to think what i was driving at that age :oops:

Hey G-master

where abouts in east sussex are you from?

i collected the car from near hastings. just wondering if anyone else was from round these parts?

Welcome to the Forum... 8)

Wish I'd have been able to afford a Corrado at 18... although that was when they were new... :? :roll: :lol:

Got my first one at 22... 8)

Like Henny said, Welcome to the Forum... 8)

Wish I'd have been able to afford a Corrado at 18 too :roll: ...

I got mine at 19 ( three years ago ), wasn't to bad to insure less than a grand anyway. Seems to be a lot of people from round the sussex way now!

Like Henny said, Welcome to the Forum... 8)

Wish I'd have been able to afford a Corrado at 18 too :roll: ...

Wish I could afford my Corrado at 37! :roll: :D

i am 18 and drive a corrado!!!

yey i'm not the only one....

will you be going to GTi Internatinal Red_16v?

yours is not bad mine is £1609 JUST third party! LOL and with one years no claims and pass plus (counted as a 2nd year no claims) but on my own name....

BTW welcome to the forum !

Hi, thanks

I'm from Sussex, between Brighton & Worthing. i've already noticed quite a few nice Corrado's round the area. i'm not sure if any of them are on here though.

With Admiral in my name with dad as a named driver its about £1200 a year, so paid monthly its not so bad. :mrgreen:

Welcome to the Group, dont upset you, but are you the first driver or your Dad?, If you are the main driver of the Car, and your dad is the main named driver on the insurance, that is called fronting, and insurance companies will pound the **** out of you if you make a claim and they find out.

I totally understand why people do it

yeah was thinking that too nigel....even having his dad on as a named driver surely £1200 is a bit low even TPF&T :shock: :shock: :shock: for someone so young......unless he's maybe getting mixed up with his dad being the MAIN driver rather than as a NAMED driver........FFS my old boss's son is paying just short of £2k fully comp on a S-plate cooking ASTRA and he's got his dad on as a named driver too

i was planning on getting up to GTi international but unfortunatly have other plans.

i was looking at being the main named (1st) driver on a golf 16v and that was affordable but on the Corrado it wasnt. it was the insurance company that recommended going the way we have which is me as a named driver with my dad as the main. i'm not bothered too much about not being able to build up no claims cos hey, i'm drving a Corrado! :mrgreen:

i was planning on getting up to GTi international but unfortunatly have other plans.

i was looking at being the main named (1st) driver on a golf 16v and that was affordable but on the Corrado it wasnt. it was the insurance company that recommended going the way we have which is me as a named driver with my dad as the main. i'm not bothered too much about not being able to build up no claims cos hey, i'm drving a Corrado! :mrgreen:

sounds like maybe an over-enthusiastic broker to me :? more interested in getting a nice earner of a premium than making sure that you are covered properly............the insurance company will if you have the bad luck to be involved in an accident try and get out of paying if its found to be that YOU are the one driving the car the most........building up your no-claims will be the least of your worries.......as G60Jet says this is a "wee" loophole they are cracking down on