Riley

Double DIN 7" Choice Help!

Hi all,

Looking for a new head unit for the IS200:o and I'm a little out of touch in all honesty.

Ideally I'd like something with built in Digital TV but I can only find one Clarion model thus far?

Definite features I'd like would be:

Navigation.

Bluetooth streaming/Iphone capability.

Rear view camera capability.

As many pre outs as possible at at least 4volt?

So far I've found two units I like the look of but can't make a serious decision on either.

Firstly:

Anybody familiar with this Kenwood DNX 9210BT head unit?

http://www.kenwood-electronics.co.uk/products/car/navigation/all_in_one/DNX9210BT/details/

I can't find any video's of it or anything.

Secondly:

JVC KW-NT800HDT. I REALLY like the look of this, but I can't find a UK variation? :-(

Any thoughts?

Any recommendations on the above two or anything else?

Cheers, Neil.

Edited by Riley

Hi Neil,

I recently bought a Pioneer avh8400bt head unit which is a 7" Double Din.

http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/products/25/109/281/AVH-8400BT/page.html

I was looking around for quite a while at various options. I didn't see any with built in digital tv, but i suppose that's not what i was looking for particularly... Maybe you can get a separate digital tuner and plug it into the av in?

The pioneer doesn't have a built in sat nav either, but it does have app radio- this allows you to use various iphone apps straight onto the screen including various sat navs, one of which is navfree and it seems to work very well. Or there is Pioneer's own sat nav which I think is £80 from the App Store.

There are other apps which are quite fun, one of which allows you to browse the Internet from the stereo!

For jail broken iPhones there is a guy currently developing a way of having everything on the phone (display and touch screen) working straight to the head unit, which would be amazing!

I have been very impressed by this head unit, it sounds excellent considering my Passat is running standard speakers, much louder and clearer than with the standard one.

It is intuitive to use too and navigating around the menus is easy.

To be honest I haven't really got much to compare it to, but I'm very happy with my purchase.

Thanks mate, I'll check out the link, sounds good but does the sat nav app bit work well enough? Other suggestions welcome too.

Neil.