carerra91

Hey Guys, Corrado Newbie

Hello all,

Always wanted a Corrado and didn't think I'd be able to insure one too soon but it seems it's possible!

Seen a '93 2.0 16v local to me and it all seems very clean and honest for it's age. It's got 152k miles so just interested to see if there's anything I should be looking out for when going to look at it?

Cheers guys! Amar

Classic insurance is cheaper than you think. The expensive part is keeping a corrado on the road (for me anyway).I bought a 1994 2.0 16v with 143,000 miles on, had to buy a few bits in the first year but at the first mot it failed on the emissions and has been sat in the drive for a year since then. Don't know where to start or what to change so a bit stuck. Just be aware of what you're being sold and consider that there seems to be a lot more information and support for vr6s available. The 9a 2.0 16v engine appears to be a bit of an oddball to understand compared to other vw engines.

I tried getting a quote from Lancaster but apparently a 1993 Corrado wouldn't throw up any classic quotes. Couple that with being 21 and they told me not to bother! I'll have a better look around but I've currently still got the policy I had on my old Lupo so it'd be on that for the time being.

It's just had a years test on it which is one of the attractions, but I'll definitely keep a copy of that wiki with me as it looks pretty comprehensive!

My biggest concern for potential spending down the line is the spoiler which doesn't function. It's stuck in the up position, and isn't really a problem for me but I'm unsure if it leads to any consequences further down the line. Apart from that I'll follow the tips on that wiki and trust my gut when looking at it!

Cheers for the info lads!

Welcome, you are definitely doing it right. My first Raddo was a 2.0 16v. I absoloutely loved it coming from Golf Drivers. I still remember how low-slung and special it felt. Glad I didn't go for a VR/G60 straight off. Make sure you follow the guide. I usually look for a standard spec car with plenty of receipts. On this age of car go for condition over colour or specification. If you're not sure what to look for then a vast array of paperwork over the life of the car is a pretty good indicator..the spoiler not working is not a major problem in itself cost wise, though a few gadgets not working is probably indicative of an owner that couldn't afford to fix it/maintain it..

Anyway, welcome and best of luck. The 25th Anniversary a great year to become an owner,