mcbettermanpj

Sun Roof and Wing Mirror Issues

Hi I have a VR6 with a broken sun roof. I knew the slide didn't work when I purchased it but the tilt broke the 1st time I used it, was fine on the road test! The part has snapped that drags the slider along to lower one of the sides of the sunroof and need to use some string to pull that side of the sun roof to lower it. The guy I bought it from says you can fit a glass passat sun roof but was not sure which model. Would anyone know?

Also the wing mirrors do not work. I think they still click but no movement but the guy i bought it from said that the passenger side has no wire to it. I have a spare wing mirror with a wire. Are they easy to take apart to get ot the motor inside the mirror and would anyone know what usually causes the wing mirrors not to work as I has the same problem with my last corrado?

Passat B4 Estate Moonroof up to the mid 1990's or so fits OK - Can also use a Seat Ibiza one as well, but not sure which model.

Ian.

also believe a mk1 skoda octavia roof so before 2000 model fits. I have a mk3 golf one in mine only cost 20 pound and all works downside its sticks up a little in the middle due to the golfs different shape roof but does for now and doesnt leak might change the glass later on to a better fitting one

also believe a mk1 skoda octavia roof so before 2000 model fits. I have a mk3 golf one in mine only cost 20 pound and all works downside its sticks up a little in the middle due to the golfs different shape roof but does for now and doesnt leak might change the glass later on to a better fitting one

You're right they will fit and are plentiful, but the curvature of the glass is slightly different.

Ian.

Thanks you for that info I will get a searching! Does anyone know how you take apart a wing mirror? I know how they come off from the car but not how you get in them to look at the motor inside. Just that my passenger one apparently does not have wiring in it but i have a spare wire that either needs spraying the same colour as the car or just needs the motor and wire swapping over?

Does anyone know if a 1H2959565 Switch is the same as a 535959565 mirror switch? They look vert similar for the photos i have seen on ebay? Will it fit a Corrado?