Leonard

Any reason why I shouldnt buy this Coil Pack???

I personally would want to know who the manufacture of this part is.

Also if you cant stretch to the OE part, I would buy at least a Beru one.

Thank you

Any idea where I can buy a Beru? GSF dont seem to have them anymore???? :S

---------- Post added at 3:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 2:07 PM ----------

I asked the seller who made it and he said had "Mapco made in germany" written on it. If anyone has any experience with those......

I bought a new VW one, as was having misfiring probs. and everybody reckoned coilpack was weakpoint but turned out to be the Cam Sensor, and slightly ropey leads.

Old coilpack is reading exactly same OHMS as new one, no cracks splits or anything, did cover face of it in epoxy on someones advice but could'nt even see any hairline cracks and no sparking or anything at night, checked all that.

Was gonna keep as a spare but can't see needing, would expect the VW one to last.

It's a Beru, not sure if from VW, does'nt look age of car, car had new engine before I got it and would imagine was changed then but could'nt promise it, if your in market.

Also got a set of VR6 Magnecor KV85's I'm about to put on Ebay, only used for bout 5000 miles tops, you've got to cut the plastic tabs off the lead channels and they fit in, fatter than standard ones, but I've just got new engine covers and don't want to cut the new ones off, and as got new set of standard leads there put them back on.

I bought a cheap eBay one a couple of years ago, it looked ok new but recently had to replace it again. after replacing it with a beru one I opened it up and found that it was an old unit that had been "refurbed", looked appalling after 2 years!

beru one from gsf cost about £145.

Cheers all

And thanks for the offer Jonny but if I dont buy new I cant be 110% that the part is/isnt responsible for the hesitation Im getting.....

I'd also check your Cam Sensor Unit that was my underlying problem with hesitation, slight misfire etc., Europarts do new VW ones for £55.00, takes 10 mins to change, Shows up as Hall Sender on Vagcom.

And thanks for the offer Jonny but if I dont buy new I cant be 110% that the part is/isnt responsible for the hesitation Im getting.....