Kempy

Valver wont start :(

My valvers been off the road for a 12month+ but I start it up every week and it fires up fine

But a week or 2 ago I had the car running on the drive, and it just cut out. I assumed the fuel ran out, as it was on the needle. I went and got a plastic can full 4/5 litres

So I assumed this would sort it but no, its not fired up since. I tried basics bought a dizzy cap as it was pretty nasty, as were the plugs. very black and sooty, some with a bit of oil. My valver runs quite rich so that why a would think the plugs were so black..

But still dont seem to have spark?! :(

thanks again guys

PS

Im off to prague tonight so wont reply till sunday lol, but do appreciate your replys

Tried a coil from my other rado today still no joy. Is it possible my rotor arm has given up. I cant think what else is left! I put a multimeter in the plug for the coil hall sender and that was fine. So there its from there on I assume. I tried the ohms on the pos/neg as per passat haynes and that was correct. the next test it said was the neg and plug(4), but I wasnt able to get a reading from that, but the coil was on the coil from my other rado which I know has started recently. But I suppose so did the other start very recently :(

tell me more? about prague, hoping to go over in june, any advise, good places to visit?

no spark check dizzy wiring, they normally break just back from the connector.

It was a stag weekend, so depends lol. I didnt see many touristy places. which wire on dizzy? ta

there is a connector that goes into the dizzy, 3 wires, using a light, inspect the wiring and remove old tape, ive seen broken wires there on a couple of cars. also check the three colant temp wires beneath the dizzy they have a habit of breaking as well, its because of the heat and oil that crack the outer wire casing.

if thats ok, you can check if the coil is getting a trigger signal from the dizzy at the coil pack connector. also check primary and secondary windings using a meter on the coil pack. let me know how you get on.

• Like 1

do you know what I remember this happening before. Will get a chance tomorrow night, but thats for info, it does sound familiar tbh. On my other rado lol. Theres a nice tower, clock and a huge church. From the top of the tower you can see all the nice places lit up very pretty building and if you stick to the local beers you shouldnt spend too much money either £1 a beer

Fixed.. exactly what you said snapped wire on dizzy plug. Virtual beer for that man. Gotta do a much more ruggid fix tomorrow