G60radoboi

Front calipers for late valver.

My N/S/F caliper has ceased up. Got home to a funny smell and upon closer inspection came across the front caliper almost on fire as there was so much smoke coming off it. Parked the car up now and it aint going nowhere till I can sort it, will just do both so if anyone has a set IN GOOD WORKING CONDITION I would really appreciate it.

can still buy new from euro carparts think about £65 each with your old ones as exchange

I have a set mate very good condition you can have the 280mm disc's and pad's as well for £90 plus postage

I have a set mate very good condition you can have the 280mm disc's and pad's as well for £90 plus postage

Sounds great mate. What will postage be and can I paypal you the cash? I assume the discs are 4x100?

The discs are 5x100 so no use to you mate but for the caliper's, carrier's and pad's the postage is coming in at £16 with parcelforce so £105 pm me if your interested

Thanks mate. Let me check with euros tomorrow first as I am sure I can get the calipers much cheaper than that. I do get traders prices so reckon I should see around the £40.00 mark a caliper.

Hello G60radoboi,

you can also purchase the caliper seal repair kit for £10.00 or £15.00 off Ebay,

so as long as the piston isn't too rusty and pitted,

you could just replace the inner seal and outer dust seal boot, and clean the piston and regrease,

which would be good as new then.

Si :thumbleft:

Hello mate have a look at this item number 281090040195 on Ebay,

the cost of the caliper seal kit is £22.90 with free delivery. this kit fits G60 calipers from 1989 to 1993

Or there is a new N/S/F standard brake caliper on Ebay, look at item number 390569254196

cost is £45.80 with free carriage. But I think this one fits the G60 from 1989 to 1991 ?

So if you have a later G60 it may not fit ?

Hope this helps

Si :thumbleft:

Nowt against you trying to help out a fellow forum member but get it right mate if you had read radoboi's post properly you would see he has a valver. Anyway Euro car part's price is £90 or £75 exchange per caliper the one's i have are as good as new very little use (Lucas one's) if your interested radoboi PM me and we will sort something out but i am not giving them away.

Oh yeah sorry dude I was looking at his user name G60radoboi,

so presumed he had a G60. I stand corrected :salute:

Think my eye sight is going :lol:

The caliper seal kit is 100% for all the Corrado versions.

Si

Si

have a look at www.vwspares.co.uk 56.82 new no exchange

---------- Post added at 9:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:00 PM ----------

i wood recommend fitting n.s & o.s calipers to do the job right

Oh another that doesn't read the thread properly before posting i am actually offering at a cheaper price mate plus including carrier's and a set of v good condition pads before trampling all over a thread have a read of it mate.And am willing to do the guy a deal as the caliper's are of no use to me.

have a look at www.vwspares.co.uk 56.82 new no exchange

---------- Post added at 9:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:00 PM ----------

i wood recommend fitting n.s & o.s calipers to do the job right

O/T, but are those Compomotive Ps on your corrado? If so any chance of a pic please :)

Edited by Dox
quoted the wrong reply

Hello Clumpy1, it's Water under the bridge dude,

if you want to wast your time having a moan :)

Hope you sell your calipers, good luck dude.

Over and out :thumbleft: