arnold chun

vr6 not sparking,,,,,,,,any help?

ok my vr6 rado 1995,,,,,,,,,years ago kept playing up,,so 5 years ago parked her up(had from new),,any way decided to get her going,,,,turns over fine,,,but doesnt start,ive checked some wiring cahnged the ecu relay,,and fuel pump one,,,,have power going to ecu,,,,have fuel?but no live wires going to coilpack?,,,which wires should be live?theres black?brown ?they seem like earths ...then bl/brwn?and one or 2 more?,,,,the wires going to cam sensor are liive the 2 out of three?,,,,,,,,i tried another ecu nothing?,,,i tried a 2nd hand cranksensor ,,,nothin still..............so any help would be great,,,,,would hate to scrap the old rado,,,,thanks for any help...

Could be an ignition switch or factory imob issue - someone like the AA should be able to diagnose this fairly quickly for you...

hi thanks for reply no i dont know anyone with vagcom?...does it just read codes?it wont actully fix it ?............had another look at it tday its not getting fuel either ,,but fuel punp ok,,,,as i just put feed to it,,,,i think it mite be the immobileser thing,,,can i by pss it ?or is it ecu?thanks