Jim Bowen

Ebay Vagcom results

Bought the blue ebay lead off ebay and got vcds lite from the rosstech site.

I've run an autoscan on two different cars and both times it came up with

-No faults found or Something about DTCs (??) and it gave another suggestions about the connection.

I've set the laptop and the software to com port 2 as 4 was in use. Not sure its working right. Also got the same ABS text on both cars, something about too many communication errors.

i did take a screenshot of this but its came out showing the wrong window :( Might do it again when i get home, any tips etc?

Any way of creating a fault so i know its working, i.e: pulling a connection off something

VCDS doesn't like the Corrado ABS units, I had to revert back to using an old version of VAG-COM, think it was 9.xx which worked fine, soon as I tried to perform the same action in VCDS I kept getting comms errors. I assume you've been into option and performed a test and ensured the it comes back Ok! - Assume before you tested the TDC's VCDS pulled back information on your ECU, generally this is in a green color AFAIK

So its talking, it is possible you don't have any TDC's stored :) I think unplugging the MAF will generate a fault code, not sure how you will get on using the older versions of VAG-COM with a 3rd party interface, I've had a proper VAG-COM cable for years and its paid for its self 10x over

You need to reduce the latency in your computer settings for the port you are using, Google it and it will come back with a few results. Mine works fine on the vagcom lead after I did that

If using Windows, it used to be the case that COM1 and COM3 conflicted, likewise COM2 and COM4. If you have COM4 in use I'd go with COM3... they may have fixed it in XP and up, just a thing from the modem days ;)

Bought the same cable the other week, just tried it tonight with vcds lite on my mk4, works a treat, once I got over the baud rate etc settings, the Ross tech site has an FAQ that suggested setting the baud rate to specific values in vcds this is what finally got it communicating with the modules on the car, up to then the cable was detected and the test ran ok in vcds but it wouldn't find the engine module etc when you run the manual module checks. I'm running it on a win7 home laptop.