Sign in to follow this  
tinsman

push button starter

for it to be thatcham approved all connections need to be soldered. to install it your self may seem like a good idea at the time but don't, take it to a registered out let. one you know or one that a friend has used and liked, i know of a radio dealer who used to employ pikies, once they had installed the alarm, and taken the address down, they then would go and nick all the stereo out, a few months later,, i've also got the auto start on my clifford concept 300, it's a good peice of kit, there is no way of know if the car is in gear, if you do start the car in gear,( done it once in 2 years!) the car know the starter motor is strugling and stops the starter motor, 3 times and it gives up. but once you have it fitted you get into practice of leaving it in neutral., it's very handy in cold mornings, set the heater onfull the previous night and in ten mins the car is lovely and warm. a defo must, plus it quite cool to shock people from a distance, :D

Your remote start is in Auto transmittion mode, You need to go to the dealer and get them to put in in manual mode, the only snag is you have to leave the car running, press a button on the remote, get out and lock the C, as you lock it it shuts down the motor. YOU CANNOT leave it in gear this way.

phat e-mail me

kevhaywire i can supply you with a intelli start fo £80 plus postage

dilated having blackjax on invalidates your thatcham as thatcham doesnt allow any thing which can cut out the car whilst driving it

Wish i'd have known about Intellistart For £80 when I had my Saxo.. I had a Clifford Concept 300 on that!! Doh :)

Its one gadget i've ALWAYS wanted on my car!!

phat e-mail me

kevhaywire i can supply you with a intelli start fo £80 plus postage

dilated having blackjax on invalidates your thatcham as thatcham doesnt allow any thing which can cut out the car whilst driving it

but the blackjaxx doesn´t cut power unless its below certain revs, even then the alarm goes off first

Nah, mine just cuts it after the preset amount of time to put in the code has passed, I think regardless of revs.

To be honest, I couldn't give a foook if it invalidates my thatcham classification - I have a certificate which says it's thatcham approved (so my insurance is covered fine) and the fact that if someone tries to jack my car again, I can take great pleasure in knowing all I gotta do is run after em and catch the fuckers down the road. (Or have time to run in the other direction if they waved a gun at me this time) 8)

Anyway, I thought the blackjax came standard with my Concept 500? They never said it wasn't thatcham approved, in fact nothing was mentioned at all.

Exactly. As if I'm going to have a lesser alram installed by some monkey with a bag of scotch locks just to please my insurance company.

No thanks, I think I'll fit the top of the range alarm all by myself, safe in the knowledge that it's done right and will protect the car.

that's exactly why I've got the TrakM8 in my car... the Cat1 Selca is there to get me insured and so it'll lock the doors off a fob, the TrakM8 is there to tell me when someone is messing with the car, and so I can kill it via a text message if I ever get carjacked... 8)