Sign in to follow this  
rmn

Brembo's and different wheels

Hi, i am getting the ibiza cupra R brake conversion for my G60

I am looking into heels to fit it

I looked on the ibizacupra.net site and no wheels there really grabbed my attention

I am wondering if anybody has AZEV A's

I know the 16's wont fit the brembo's but have been told the 17's will

If someone has a set of 17's i am looking for the measurement between the inside of the spoke and the mounting face of the wheel, is it 38mm?

I realise it is a bit of a wierd question, but i kinda think they would leek good on my Corrado with the big brakes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks

The offset - while important - doesn't mean a particular wheel will fit over the Brembo's.

I have 7.5x17 et38 Fox alloys on mine and the calipers are running scared...

Yeah i know about the 16's, i have a horrible set of woulfrace wheels that clear them with a 5mm spacer

Also its not the ofset that i am trying to find out, the offset is the distance from the verticle center of the wheel, i am trying to get a measurement from the face of the wheel that sits on the disk to the inside of the spokes.

Bill from badger 5 was saying that roughly 38mm distance here will allow clearance.

Know what i mean?

The main thing to be careful with when having Brembo's fitted is to make sure your wheels will clear the calipers once they're on.

With a 305mm 4 pot kit conversion you will probably need at least 7½" wide wheels to clear the calipers - the standard 6½" wide wheels haven't got a chance basically. Make sure you dry fit everything up before fitting the brakes to make sure you can drive afterwards, as the amount of clearance depends on the wheel design as much as the width.

With the 328mm conversion (which I have) you are looking at getting at least 8" wide as the pots are even bigger. Anyone who's seen my car since last summer will testify to the 2mm clearance between the Brembo calipers and my 8" wide Mim alloys (impressively close fit, but scary!)

HTH,

John

Darren, thats what i wanted to hear!

I am looking at 8.5x17's.

I know i will have arch issues, but i want the wheels and the arches have to be roled anyway!

Darren, do you know what sort of clearance he has between the caliper and spokes?

Thanks

Its all to do with the style and inner shape of the wheel for insatance most bbs wheels the inner face of the spokes are not to be big so you get better clearence but on some less expensive wheels you find to get the strength they have thickened up the inner part of the spokes which in turn will give less clearence