Sign in to follow this  
pookyvr6

New Golf GTi

Was dying for a piss and waiting for the bog at a petrol station in Aberdeen this afternoon and picked up a car mag which features the new Golf MKV GTi while I was waiting.

Difficult to read whilst holding the jewels and hopping from one leg to the other, but the 200 BHP 2.0L Turbo engine in it sounds quite tasty. Shame it looks like a bag of shite.

Should put an end to all this 1.8T nonsense.... :D

I like the MK5 GTI. I've seen a few base models kicking about in Black and they look quite good. Only thing that lets it down is the ridiculous rear badge, it's way too big!

Apparently the FSI 2.0 engines don't lend themselves too well to mods, they're too tightly governed and playing with direct petrol injection is not for the faint of heart, but I'm sure the usual clan of VW tuners will get their heads round it before long!

I think the new Golf looks like the Peugeot 307,particularly from behind.Apparently the interior is complete c**p and rattles like a bag of spanners :!: :!: :lol:

I think the new Golf looks like the Peugeot 307,particularly from behind.quote]

absolutely..............

undecided on the look... got a friend in the car trade, sold a new Golf the other day, and said the interior is like a vauxhall vectra - sh*t..........apparently :( .