borders16v

What PAS pipes fit different models help ?

HI guys. Im looking for some pipes for my 2.0 16v 9a. Just wondering if the pipes from other rados will fit my car. For example would pipes from the 2.0 8v fit my 16v ?

Thanks for any info that might help me or someone else with pas pipe probs.

yes, but early 16v's (1.8) use a different reservoir and have no cooling pipe at the front so only the pressure hose from pump to rack is the same on those.

passat hoses and some mk2/mk3 hoses are similar and fit too, I have a passat pressure hose on my 16v

Hi David,thanks for the reply mate. So just so im sure a late 16v(k plate 93 round reservoir) will have the same pipes as a later 8v 2.0l ?

Thanks for any replies.

Yep, there's some very minor differences in part numbers but I have an 8v and early 16v and I'm familiar with the 2.0 16v and they use the same parts. The only possible difference is in the banjo fitting of the pressure hose to the pump, I'm not aware they use a different end but the 8v pump is slightly different, it's from a mk3 golf so a mk3 pressure hose would definitely fit, if you can compare hoses then make sure you look carefully at this banjo fitting, everything else is identical, reservoir, coolant pipe through slam panel etc.

Rather than start a new thread, I'll hack this one!

I've done a search, and there are seven pages of what type of PAS fluid to use, but how much is needed to drain and re-fill!!!!?

Thanks for that david.Hopefully will be able to track down what I need now without the usual painful hassles.This info should help a few others too,nice one

Rather than start a new thread, I'll hack this one!

I've done a search, and there are seven pages of what type of PAS fluid to use, but how much is needed to drain and re-fill!!!!?

IIRC a litre is more than enough, think it's more than one 500ml bottle though