Sign in to follow this  
Scott

Fuel Type

So what fuel do you guys use?

Optimax?

Esso Super UL ?

Im asking as yesterday un able to refill with the usual optimax mix (couldnt locate a garage) I filled with Esso Super Plus UL... and for some strange reason the car seems to pull stronger than it did with Optimax!

Is this just me? - I always thought Optimax was 98 octane? and Super UL is 97 Octane?

Scott.

i use total super most of the time. conveinience as much as anything. optimax is good also but i find performance similar maybe due to my O2 problem

I think with forced aspiration engines (like G60) its more beneficial to use super/optimax and i believe all Corrados were designed to run on it anyway. Also super is generally better quality petrol... I nearly always use super as theres only one places round here that does optimax

Will someone please go and look on the pumps in the UK at the RON values for each fuel

here

95RON is Normal Unleaded (Dark Green Handle)

97RON is LRP (Lead Replacment Petrol) (Blue or Red Handle)

98RON is Super Unleaded (Light Green Handle)

Now is should be the same RON valuse across the EU surly??? those are the same in gibralter too!!

Will someone please go and look on the pumps in the UK at the RON values for each fuel

here

95RON is Normal Unleaded (Dark Green Handle)

97RON is LRP (Lead Replacment Petrol) (Blue or Red Handle)

98RON is Super Unleaded (Light Green Handle)

Now is should be the same RON valuse across the EU surly??? those are the same in gibralter too!!

UK:

95 RON is unleaded.

95 RON is also LRP

97 RON is Super UL

Optimax is supposed to be 98 RON>?

On fraggle rock I don't know of anywhere that does Optimax so I always try and run it on Super.

Occasionally, I have gone for normal UL (only put in enough to last me until I can get some Super - not like I fill the tank full of the stuff!) and I notice a big difference between Super and normal UL, as you'd expect.