fonzooorooo

Fun with a Clifford - and I don't have the code!

Any advice on this one please!

Our recent 'rado purchase has a Clifford Concept 600 fitted.

It's now started randomly not responding to the remote. That would be fine, but I don't have the code to disarm it using the button inside.

This left me sitting outside the pet shop with the engine running the other day whilst the Mrs went in to buy stuff, as I daren't switch it off as it would auto arm, and might not let me back in!

I've got a printout of the manual. On reading that, I thought I'd able able to program a new code and disable the auto-arming bit. Snag there is that it won't let me do that, even with it in valet mode, as I need to enter the old code 1st! (no point asking the previous owner - the alarm was a mystery to him - he said as much!)

I'd happily take it off and throw it away, at least I could dare to drive it then!

Am I likely to be safe (not ending up with an alarming car hacking the neighbours off!) if I disconnect the main battery and just go for it?

I'd be very surprised if a Clifford dealer didn't have some kind of box of tricks to reprogram the alarm so might be worth trying to find one? Their website has a facility to search for installers / dealers..

yeah i would be contacting a clifford supplier/fitter. Or more likely ripping it all out and getting trim wizard fitting a cobra one lol

If it were just a case of wanting a code, I'd be straight on to a dealer.

As I've got the issue of the random failing to respond to the remote (both remotes, both with new batteries!) I'm edging towards ripping it all out.

Should I be leaving the battery disconnected for a while before starting the removal? (or any other procedure I ought to know about?)

... A couple of hours saw it all piled up in the garage. Thankfully, a lot of the features hadn't been wired up, so wasn't a big job to whip it off.

All the dash panels have had that much silicone cleaner on them, I was struggling to keep hold of the screwdriver by the end!

I was worried it had a backup battery, but no sign of such a thing - just whacked it in valet mode from the remote, disconnected the car battery then started unplugging/soldering.

Upshot is I can now use the car (handy!) and everything I've done's been soldered and heat shrunk. ... Got rid of LOADS of insulating tape!

Edited by fonzooorooo

I think the backup battery is in the siren on those cliffords,

I need to re-program my concept 650 G5, but you can use the "CliffNet" software and plug your laptop into it to do the work.

I know you've sorted this now, but if anyone is interested. Not even a dealer can reprogram the alarm without the pin code. The Clifford program (cliffnet wizard) won't even let you into the system without it. So without it the alarm is pretty useless. When new the code would be on a sticker on the back of the remote but these obviously don't stay put for long. Only long shot would be to try the original fitting dealer to see if its kept on record. If you have a concept 650 or newer this isn't a problem as they changed the software to allow reprogramming without the pin code. As a alarm fitter of 12yrs I wouldn't recommend a Clifford, I fitted them for years and found them far to complicated for the average person, unreliable and a bit of a gimmick. Would stick with someone like laserline or cobra if I was fitting a new system.

Apologies for the slight thread hijack, but I have a Clifford Virtual Key 2 fitted to mine - it's a dongle thing I have on the keyring which is read by a sensor by the ignition. Until it's read, it's like I haven't turned the key to position II yet (no dash lights, no fuel pump etc).

While it's currently working fine, I'm acutely aware that I only have one of the dongles so if I lose my car keys I'm screwed. Does anyone have an unwanted dongle for this system or any idea where I could get one? eBay, Google and the dealer who originally fitted it – in 2001 according to the paperwork – have all failed me.

Failing that, at some point I'd like to get it removed and replaced with a newer one which may help my insurance (?) but also means I have spare widgets for it... but that means saving some pennies up I suspect.