Sign in to follow this  
G-Lad

Candy White VR6 for £4000 ovno in Nottingham [PRICE DROP: BBS RCs SOLD]

VR6 | Candy White | Nottingham

Price: £4000 ovno

Description:

[PRICE DROP: the BBS RC wheels have been sold, so I've dropped the price by £500]

Hi Folks, It's time for me to sell up as I've fallen in love with the 944 Turbo!

The full advert is up on Pistonheads http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/volkswagen/corrado/volkswagen-corrado-vr6-1993/1375755

For Forum and CCGB Members I am happy to discuss doing a deal.

Yes the price is higher than most for a "standard" (albeit massively restored) car, but once you see the full list of everything that's been done, I'm sure you'll agree it's reasonable. I feel it's better to buy my car than risking a less well documented VR6 for circa £3k and then unearthing all of the miriad niggles - unless of course you want a project, in which case feel free to keep on walking :)

OK, here's the blurb (full history also available on request)

Cheers,

Chris

========================

For Sale: VR6 Corrado

1993, L reg

141k miles approx, 30k approx miles by me

Candy White paint, Black cloth interior.

I’ve spared no expense in maintaining and improving this car over the 4 years of ownership.

I have been a keen member of the CCGB and the-corrado.net forum and have been fastidious in resolving any niggles, as and when they’ve occurred, usually at great expense.

I am selling it because there is nothing left to fix and because I want a new toy. I find myself contemplating significant modifications which I feel is a bad thing to do, a waste of money and will actually reduce the quality of what is (in my eyes) a really genuine unmolested car. This leaves a very standard and much cared for car in very good condition for someone else to enjoy.

The fully researched and validated history is available to review on request, alongside DVLA confirmation of previous owners and Volkswagen’s own history of all official garage visits, in addition to the usual stamped service book. I have receipts totalling in excess of £10k will be available to view when you come to see the car.

Key features:

Engine & Gearbox

● Timing chains, rocker cover, clutch and clutch master cylinder all replaced at approx 111k miles by C&R Enterprises, Nottingham.

● New Idle Control Valve and rocker cover Pressure Control Valve fitted at approx 111k miles.

● New Mass Airflow Sensor fitted at approx 120k miles

● New genuine mild steel exhaust back and centre sections fitted approx 123k miles. Not a noisy stainless after-market alternative. The back box alone cost circa £500 (yes, I know I’m crazy).

● Sparkplugs and HT leads replaced

● Gearbox recently refilled with Redline MT90 gear oil.

● Engine oil is 5w-40 fully synthetic Motul 8100 X-cess

● Recent fuel filter.

● K&N air filter in the standard airbox, regularly cleaned and retreated.

Cooling system

● New main coolant pump, new after-run electric coolant pump, thermostat, housing, all three stat sensors, rad sensor, fan control box (relay & switch unit near expansion tank) and heat exchanger all fitted in recent years.

● Recently refilled with G12++ and water-wetter.

Chassis

● New OEM dampers, top mounts, bump stops, brake disks and pads all round in last 3 years. Brands include Febi, Mahle, Sachs etc.

● New OEM wishbones, ARP bushes, Ball joints, rear trailing arm bushes have also been fitted in recent years.

● When the rear trailing arm was removed, the brake load compensatory was carefully refitted along with various solid brake pipes.

● The front engine mount has been upgraded with a Vibratechnics mount, and the rear and gearbox mounts have been replaced with new OEM rubber units.

Body

● The underside has been stripped of all wax and sealant back to factory paint, small areas of corrosion removed, repaired, repainted.

● Arches and sills have been comprehensively cleaned, repaired and repainted.

● The underside, wings, rear quarters, sills and arches have all been resprayed and sealed with underseal and a coating of Dynitrol wax.

Interior

● Good condition standard black cloth interior

● Very slight sagging on the drivers seat (as would be expected on a 20 year old car) but with no damage to the fabric itself.

● New pristine genuine “Corrado” 4 piece matt set fitted.

● No problems with the heater matrix

● New heater fan recently fitted (no rumbling noise!).

Other good bits to note

● Spoiler working correctly. Cables recently lubricated.

● Sunroof working correctly. Cables & guides recently lubricated.

● Windows working correctly.

● Recent new St Gobain windscreen.

● 4 good Rainsport2 tyres with 6mm+ of tread

Room for improvement

● The bonnet had a scratch which has been aggressively buffed. It isn’t hugely noticeable but it would be nice to respray the bonnet to make it perfect.

● Both front indicators are hazy due to the front facing plastic lens getting a beating from stones over the last 20 years. Both are perfectly functional so this is purely superficial.

● One of the front fogs has a crack but is water tight and fully functional. Again this is due to being front facing and 20 years old. No need to replace.

● There is a slight chip on the edge of the bonnet and top of the offside wing that has been touched up. No work required.

● There is a small amount of paint damage on the near side of the (plastic) front bumper. Probably from a low speed “nudge” and the paint hasn’t flexed as well as the plastic. Again, very superficial. I have recently cleaned this up and used some genuine VW rattle-can paint to give a tidy finish. See photos.

● Slight sagging of the driver’s seat bolster but now I’m being picky!

● The original Speedline alloys are a little crusty and chipped in some areas. There are no problems with pressure but a refurb would be nice to match the quality of the bodywork.

● The foam under the bonnet is falling apart but it's just superficial. You can buy an unused set privately for over £100 (it's obsolete at VAG), you could strip it off and leave painted metal, or just leave it (as I have done).

As you will see, the car is not concourse-condition nor a museum piece. It is a loved, very reliable “real” car that has had no expense spared, practically in every area to make it mechanically very sound, while retaining the factory standard look (bar the black 16v Mk2 Golf "VW" grill badge!), handling and performance.

Just so that you’re aware:

The one-piece dashboard clock & dial cluster has been replaced due to incorrect oil and coolant readings. The computer reads approx 45k miles over the real mileage (the clocks say ~186k, but the car has only done ~141k). All receipts and official DVLA and VW records prior to my ownership back up the genuine mileage, which I have meticulously documented with each piece of work on the car. I have informed my Insurer of the change and recent MOTs carry the new +45k mileage readings, so it would be more trouble than it is worth to try to rectify by adjusting the clocks.

Extras:

The advertised price of the car includes all of the items below. If you want the car cheaper that advertised, I’ll happily put it back on it’s standard Speedline alloys (with very good RainSport2 tyres) and then sell the items below separately.

Price with everything = £4,000

Price with none of the below = £3,800

(established Forum or CCGB members are welcome to discuss a discount on either scenario - just ask!)

● All parts needed for a Front Brake upgrade to larger 288mm. Disks and pads are used but plenty of life left in them. This modification gives only a small diameter improvement but a huge pad area improvement and is a common, well documented upgrade. - I paid £80.

● Replacement roller set for the electric windows. Cures any slight glass rattle that may develop. - £10

● New genuine ABS pedal sensor. Obsolete, bought as a spare - circa £90.

● Uncut parcel shelf if you don’t like the 90s Kenwood speakers that have been fitted. - £40.

● Standard second hand spare exhaust manifold - £10

● Standard second hand catalytic converter - £20

● A set of refurbished H&R Sport (green) 30mm lowering springs are available. New these are about £180 for the set. I’ve had them shot blasted and powder coated satin black. - i paid £70.

● A full set of new unused (packaged) OEM spring buffers, top mounts, boots and bumps stops are available. This bundle of parts cost me just over £100 new and is everything you need to fit the H&R spring kit with confidence.

Total value of the extras (if I was to sell separately) = £420 approx

Edited by G-Lad
BBS RCs Sold = Price Drop