jezzaG60

Electic headlamp adjusters, ABS light and loom

Pair of headlight adjuster motors, early style switch and loom from switch to the fuse box. Pretty rare to find in the uk! £75

ABS light 535 919 235B and loom £35

You can use the motors and loom on the later cars, but the switch is the older style - will still fit though. You'll also need to make a loom to run each motor as the wiring is integral to the headlight loom, and there was a different loom for cars with adjustable lights. They show up pretty frequently on German ebay. I have this done to my VR.

Wonder if the loom to the motors is the same as in the mk2 golf? I they have the loom and motor connectors as standard

Not sure about the MkII loom - didn't think they all had it as standard. Each motor takes a 3-pin connector, +,- and control signal from the switch. In the original loom the + is fed from the sidelights and the earths go back into the loom. The switch needs a + feed, two earths and an illumination feed. The original switch has a loom that connects to an extra connector on the factory loom.

I made up a loom with earth and positive and a control signal for each side, and then you need to monkey around a bit to get the others. Another idea would be just to run the control signal to the lights, and then splice into the existing loom for +/_, or if you have an upgraded loom you will have one of the OEM headlight connectors sitting there doing nothing, so that could be used as well. I actually have the polarity for the motors reversed, so that I can adjust my lights higher, as I don't use a trailer. In traffic or MOT/NCT, I just turn them down.

I think I have the connectors on the backs of the motors so all they need is a bit of wiring to link them in to the fuse box.

Hi. Does the ABS loom include the connector that goes into the bottom of the ABS pump (the one with lots of wires)? If it does and it's still available, I'll take it at asking price. Would you be able to post (I'm in Cornwall)?

Many thanks.

Was actually just the light and the loom the to fuse box, I think I have an entire ABS loom in the shed though if you want that for the same price.

Thats pretty random, not seen your car around, I'm in St. Agnes.

I'll dig that loom out and take it in to work (R K Engineering)

That is quite lucky. My car has been to you twice over the years. I have been working up near London but I had enough of of that so I'm back in Cornwall. Let me know if there is a day that's convenient for you and I'll call in. Thanks.

Got the ABS loom here at work now so any time you want to call in at RK you can have a look and see if its the one you need.