jumper101

Coilover Advice Needed for 95 VR6

I am looking into replacing my current koni/neuspeed suspension due to age Over 7 years old and the ride is not the same as it was previously.

I am interested in a coilover suspension and have been comparing Bilstein PSS9 to KW V2. Bilsteins are $200 more than the KW V2

I drive the car on the street and track once in a while

My goal is to get the car lower

I currently have 17" wheels on the car

Any advice or recomendations would be appreciated.

I am located in Toronto Canada.

What about KW V3 ?? more set up options and price is equivalent to blistein.

V3 are excellent however more than what I think I need in terms of the adjustable feature, I only drive the car 2-5000kms per year and only in the summer months, car is stored winter months.

I had KW V2 and there were excellent, now I bought Koni but still not fitted them so can't say anything. Was on a corrado with blisteins once and they were all right, sorry can't say anything else as was on passenger seat only.

No reason, just broken last car for parts and needed money so sold them, bought another corrado and Koni were on sale at good price so decided to buy them.

Had 2 koni top adjustable set up on my previous car and current one (not coilovers) and both were brilliant so koni coilovers must be very good as well, I hope :)

Bilstein PSS9 are rock hard. H&R used to do a 'comfort' spec kit, which was the same Bilstein monotubes but with more sensible spring rates and damper valving. I had those and they were excellent apart from spring perches siezing on, but that's common on most coilovers. Not sure if they're still available now.

KW V3s are much nicer for ride comfort than V2 and PSS9.

Edited by Kevin Bacon

I am having the same issue in deciding in what is best for the car seems to be so many choices and the prices vary a lot from product to product - i am currently running on standard suspension which is a comfortable ride but very soft/rolls round corners.

I have read a lot and the KW V3 seems to get the best vote but where can i find them at a reasonable price - best being £1400 so far - possibly a bit too much for me at the min.

Cheers

You will struggle to find the cheaper than that, usual price is around £1400

I am having the same issue in deciding in what is best for the car seems to be so many choices and the prices vary a lot from product to product - i am currently running on standard suspension which is a comfortable ride but very soft/rolls round corners.

I have read a lot and the KW V3 seems to get the best vote but where can i find them at a reasonable price - best being £1400 so far - possibly a bit too much for me at the min.

Cheers

If you don't mind the ride height, I would try Bilstein B8 dampers with the standard springs and Eibach ARBs. That'll sort your cornering out with turning the car into a bone shaker and also won't break the bank.

Having tried 4 different brands of coilovers on mine, in hindsight that's what I would have done. Although the V3s were the best I had, they don't solve the issue of lowered Corrados being worse than standard on bumpy back roads.