Sign in to follow this  
mrbeige

Sunroof problem

Sometimes the sunroof sticks when trying to close it and it seems to be pulling one side harder than the other??? have now got a scratch on the back corner on the top of the sunroof panel :(

Any suggestions?

mine has a scratch in the same place when i bought the car. the sunroof tilts ok but wont go back anymore. worked out the is a little plastic part snapped on one side which seems to have caused this problem. from what i can tell this plastic part affects where the little moving catches sit and at what angle. means that when the sunroof closes the arm isnt going back down and this causes it to catch and not close maybe?

cheers dude, I'll have a look for broken plastic. what colour plastic white/black?

Try doing a search on the Forum - the problem you're describing has been discussed in detail a number of time before. The repair is a little more involved than it looks...

Hi,

Never posted anything before, but have just popped down the Stealers at lunch for a new intake manifold temp switch - trying to solve the intermittent cutting out problem :x and when I locked the car my sunroof did the same thing.

When closing it from fully slid back it uncharacteristically started to rise up before it should and has put the trademark scratches onto the N/S rear corner of the roof panel. :shock: :mad:

Does anyone know the specific problem causing this? Which plastic bit breaks/wears out?

It still tilts and slides - just gonna have to avoid sliding now to prevent deepening the scratches.

Help! Stuff not working properly is almost as annoying as paint damage!

1994 VR6 106k miles. The ultimate love/hate relationship!